Mark your calendars!
September 2 Holy Communion
September 2 Promotion Sunday
September 2 (10:45am) English Membership Class
September 5 (7:30pm) Church Council Meeting
September 7 (7:30pm) Promotion Friday
September 8 (9:30am) Social Security Seminar (sponsored by CIC)
- PROMOTION SUNDAY is TODAY! All our Children Sunday School classes will promote today to their new classes. Parents please be mindful of picking up your child/children at 12:15pm from their new classrooms. Promotion Friday for all youth groups will be this Friday, Sept. 7th at 7:30pm.
- ENGLISH MEMBERSHIP CLASSES will begin TODAY and continue on September 9 and 16 from 10:45 AM – 12:10 PM in rooms 105-106. While attendance is required for member applicants, the class is open to anyone who wants to attend and learn more about our church beliefs, history, and practices.
- ATTENTION – There will be no Crusaders youth group meetings on Friday night in September. The counselors are working to determine how to best minister to the boys (3rd – 6th grade) with a potential relaunch in October. We are actively recruiting and praying for men willing to guide and interact with this fun age group. If you have questions or would like to know how you can help, please contact Jeff Seid (Seidfor3@comcast.net).
- LCBC COMMUNITY AND INFORMATION CENTER will be sponsoring a Social Security Benefits Seminar on Saturday, Sept. 8th in the ETC youth room from 9:30-11:30am. Presentation will be given by the Sacramento Social Security Administration and will be conducted in English with Chinese translation. There will also be a Q & A session for questions.
- THE 2018 FALL SESSION OF WEM Women’s Bible Study will start on Wed., S 12, 2018 from 9:30-11:30AM. All women are welcome. We will be studying Hebrews and learn to know Christ as the perfect sacrifice and perfect High Priest. He has given all believers direct access to God. For more info contact Eileen Wong (916-714-1785).
- BIBLE STUDY FELLOWSHIPclasses for men, women, and children (birth-12th grade) begin during the week of September 10th! This year’s study will be “People of the Promised Land, Part 1,” studying the books of Joshua, Ruth, 1 and 2 Samuel, 1 Kings 1-11, with overviews of Psalms and Proverbs. A Cantonese-speaking discussion group is available on Monday evenings, plus a Cantonese- and a Mandarin-speaking discussion group are available on Tuesday mornings for women in the Pocket area! Also, our church hosts a women’s class on Wednesday mornings from 9:30-11:00am starting Sep 12th. To learn more about the classes, go to www.bsfinternational.org or contact Lori
- JOYFUL HEARTS FELLOWSHIP invites ladies of all ages to join them for a time of sharing, prayer, and fellowship on Thursday, September 13, 2018, 10 a.m. at Beverly Owyoung’s home (7 East Cove Court, Sacramento, CA 95831). Speaker: Cendra Fong, “Let Gospel Shape Our Prayer and Mission Life”. A light lunch will be served. Please RSVP with Beverly Owyoung (916-421-9082).
- YOUTH PASTOR SEARCH COMMITTEE – The committee is setting up a time to meet to discuss details for the youth pastor candidate visit with Daniel Moore and his wife, Hana, during the weekend of September 21-23. Please mark your calendars and look for more details to come. Let us continue to pray together for God’s will for the Moores and our church. For more information, see the bulletin board outside the MPR or email the committee at email@example.com.