Mark your calendars!
August 6 (12:30pm) Special Members Meeting
August 7 (6:00pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
August 8 (9:00am) Senior Gospel Center
August 9 (7:30pm) Church Council Meeting
August 10 (10:00am) Joyful Hearts Fellowship
August 13 (12:45pm) Family Worship Rehearsals
August 13 (2:00pm) Children Sunday School Teachers Meeting
August 13 Baptismal Membership Applications Due
August 20 (12:30pm) Church Members Meeting
August 27 (10:00am) Family Worship Service
1. PASTORAL SEARCH UPDATE: At the July 5 Council Meeting, the Council unanimously approved the Personnel Committee’s motion to call Pastor Jonathan Szeto as the Associate Pastor for the English Congregation. A Special Members’ Meeting will be held TODAY after the second worship service to vote (only those members present may vote) on whether or not to confirm Pastor Jonathan’s calling to LCBC. For parents who have children in Sunday School classes during second service, please be prompt in picking up your child by 12:15pm from their classrooms so that teachers and helpers may attend this meeting. We continue to ask for your fervent prayers as we seek God’s will and congregational unity in this process.
2. THANKS TO ALL who have casted their vote for LCBC’s 50th Anniversary commemorative t-shirt. TODAY is the last day to cast your vote. We will begin taking orders August 13th.
3. THE LCBC PRAYER MINISTRY invites everyone to participate in the celebration of our 50th church anniversary bible verse recitation event and to encourage people to hide God’s word in their hearts. Recitation Scripture: Hebrews 10:19-25 (NASB). How to participate: Memorize the recitation verses in the NASB version. The recitation will be judged at the east entrance of the MPR TODAY and next Sunday, 8/13 from 10:00 am – 11:00 am to determine the winners. The Prize: The first twenty contestants to recite the verses without making a single mistake will receive a pre-paid order form for a free 50th anniversary commemorative T-shirt.
4. LCBC COMMUNITY AND INFORMATION CENTER meets on Monday, August 7th, 14th and 21st from 6:00-8:30pm in the church library. The center is available to those seeking job opportunities, translations, social services, medical information, and ESL classes.
5. CHURCH COUNCIL MEETING will be held on Wednesday, Aug. 9th at 7:30pm. All officers, program council directors and permanent committee chairpersons are required to attend. Any council member who is unable to attend should inform one of our pastors.
6. JOYFUL HEARTS FELLOWSHIP invites ladies of all ages to join them for a time of sharing, prayer, and fellowship on Thursday, August 10, 2017, 10 a.m. at Melissa Fong’s home (17 Havenwood Circle, Sacramento, Ca 95931). Alice Khoo will be sharing. A light lunch will be served. Please RSVP with Melissa Fong (916-393-9212).
7. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING BAPTIZED OR BECOMING A MEMBER, applications are being accepted for our next baptismal service on Thanksgiving Sunday, November 19th. Please turn in a completed application by August 13th. Membership forms are available on the brochure wall next to the library and in the church office. Please contact Sandra at email@example.com for more information.