Mark your calendars!
August 13 (12:45pm) Family Worship Rehearsals
August 13 (2:00pm) Children Sunday School Teachers Meeting
August 20 (12:30pm) Church Members Meeting
August 26 (9:00am) LCBC Sports Fundraiser
August 27 (10:00am) Family Worship Service
September 16 (10:00am) LCBC 50th Anniversary Celebration
1. THANKS TO ALL who have casted their vote for LCBC’s 50th Anniversary commemorative t-shirt. We will begin taking orders for the t-shirt starting TODAY at the east end tables.
2. THE LCBC PRAYER MINISTRY invites everyone to participate in the celebration of our 50th church anniversary bible verse recitation event and to encourage people to hide God’s word in their hearts. Recitation Scripture: Hebrews 10:19-25 (NASB). How to participate: Memorize the recitation verses in the NASB version. The recitation will be judged at the east entrance of the MPR TODAY from 10:00 am – 11:00 am to determine the winners. The Prize: The first twenty contestants to recite the verses without making a single mistake will receive a pre-paid order form for a free 50th anniversary commemorative T-shirt.
3. SIGN-UPS for players and teams for our LCBC Fundraising Sports Tournament will be held TODAY after the 1st and 2nd services at the EAST lobby (or you may contact Tom at email@example.com). Sports will include Basketball, Table Tennis, Badminton, and Volleyball. Tournament will be held on Saturday, August 26th starting at 9:00am to completion.
4. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING BAPTIZED OR BECOMING A MEMBER, applications are being accepted for our next baptismal service on Thanksgiving Sunday, Nov. 19th. Please turn in a completed application by TODAY. Membership forms are available on the brochure wall next to the library and in the church office.
5. LCBC COMMUNITY AND INFORMATION CENTER meets on Monday, August 14th and 21st from 6:00-8:30pm in the church library. The center is available to those seeking job opportunities, translations, social services, medical information, and ESL classes.
6. CHURCH MEMBERS MEETING will be held next Sunday, Aug. 20th at 12:30pm immediately following the 2nd service in the MPR. All church members are encouraged to attend.
7. FAMILY WORSHIP SERVICE will be held Sunday, Aug. 27th. For this Sunday only, we will have one service beginning at 10:00am. Children from our Sunday School classes will be participating in leading a special service. There will be no preschool activity, primary/junior worship or Sunday School.
8. SAVE THE DATE FOR OUR 50TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION! You are invited join in games, food, community service exhibits and much more on Saturday, Sept. 16th beginning at 10:00am here at LCBC. Please see inserted flyer for more info.
9. NEW ASSOCIATE PASTOR: We praise God for His faithful provision of Pastor Jon Szeto to shepherd our English-speaking congregation! Pastor Jon’s estimated start date is October 16. Please be in prayer for the Szeto family as they transition and make arrangements to move to Elk Grove.
10. IN PREPARING FOR THE LCBC 50TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION, we need to publish some historical photos. Please send us photos of our church activities to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.