Mark your calendars!
August 30 Promotion Friday
September 1 Promotion Sunday
September 1 (3:00pm) The Pilgrim’s Progress Movie
September 4 (7:30pm) Church Council Meeting
October 27 (12:30pm) Christmas Program Volunteer Meeting
- PROMOTION FRIDAY AND SUNDAY for all our Friday youth groups and Children Sunday School classes will be on Friday, August 30th and Sunday, September 1st.
- TIME AND ROOM CHANGE FOR SUNDAY MORNING PRAYER – Beginning Sunday, Sept. 1, the Sunday morning prayer time will be held in room 104 from 10:25am-10:40am. Our current meeting time of 8:40am-8:55am in rooms 105-106 will continue through August. Please come join us as we pray for the individual and corporate needs of our church! If you have any questions, please contact Kevin Wong (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Norbert Gee (email@example.com).
- THE ANIMATED MOVIE THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS will be shown at LCBC on Sunday, Sept. 1 from 3:00-4:30pm. Admission is free, so invite friends young and old. Note: Due to a few intense scenes, only children ages 6 years and older may view the movie. A love offering to fund translations will be taken.
- 2019 FALL SESSION OF WEM’S Women’s Bible Study will start on September 18, 2019, Wednesdays, from 9:30 to 11:30 am, at LCBC rooms 105-106. All women are welcome. We will study the book “Transforming Grace” by Jerry Bridges (Cost: $15). This study shows us how inexhaustible and generous God’s grace is, and how to accept its transforming power. Child care is available with advance notice. For additional information contact Eileen Wong (firstname.lastname@example.org) by September 8.
- AFTER 21 YEARS MINISTERING AT OUR CHURCH, PASTOR HUBERT has decided it’s time to retire effective Sept. 30. We are so thankful for his many years of faithful service. As our Chinese Pastor and Senior Pastor, he has faithfully followed God’s leading for our church and has established a strong foundation for our future. We will surely miss Pastor Hubert, but we are all excited for this next chapter in his life. Let us pray for God’s grace upon him, his family, and our church during this season.