Mark your calendars!
August 18 (12:30pm) Church Members Meeting
August 19 (6:00pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
August 25 (10:00am) Family Worship Service
August 30 Promotion Friday
September 1 Promotion Sunday
September 1 (3:00pm) The Pilgrim’s Progress Movie
October 27 (12:30pm) Christmas Program Volunteer Meeting
- “SHORT TERM MISSIONS SHARING TODAY” – Laguna’s own Taiwan STM team, and also Olive Chang (Myanmar), and Steve Yu (Nepal) will share about their 2019 mission trips. Come hear what God did and is doing; be encouraged and encourage! Starts at 10:45 am in Rms. 105-106. (In lieu of College/Adult Sunday School)
- CHURCH MEMBERS MEETING is scheduled for TODAY at 12:30pm. All church members are encouraged to attend and support our membership candidates’ testimonies.
- You are invited to our…FAMILY WORSHIP SERVICE on Sunday, Aug. 25th. Children from all our Sunday School classes will be leading us in a special worship service. For this Sunday only,
we will have one service beginning at 10:00am.
- TIME AND ROOM CHANGE FOR SUNDAY MORNING PRAYER – Beginning Sunday, Sept. 1, the Sunday morning prayer time will be held in room 104 from 10:25am-10:40am. Our current meeting time of 8:40am-8:55am in rooms 105-106 will continue through August. Please come join us as we pray for the individual and corporate needs of our church! If you have any questions, please contact Kevin Wong (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Norbert Gee (email@example.com).
- THE ANIMATED MOVIE THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS will be shown at LCBC on Sunday, Sept. 1 from 3:00-4:30pm. Admission is free, so invite friends young and old. Note: Due to a few intense scenes, only children ages 6 years and older may view the movie. A love offering to fund translations will be taken.
- 2019 FALL SESSION OF WEM’S Women’s Bible Study will start on September 18, 2019, Wednesdays, from 9:30 to 11:30 am, at LCBC rooms 105-106. All women are welcome. We will study the book “Transforming Grace” by Jerry Bridges (Cost: $15). This study shows us how inexhaustible and generous God’s grace is, and how to accept its transforming power. Child care is available with advance notice. For additional information contact Eileen Wong (firstname.lastname@example.org) by September 8.
- AFTER 21 YEARS MINISTERING AT OUR CHURCH, PASTOR HUBERT has decided it’s time to retire effective Sept. 30. We are so thankful for his many years of faithful service. As our Chinese Pastor and Senior Pastor, he has faithfully followed God’s leading for our church and has established a strong foundation for our future. We will surely miss Pastor Hubert, but we are all excited for this next chapter in his life. Let us pray for God’s grace upon him, his family, and our church during this season.
8. SACRAMENTO GOSPEL CONFERENCE is sponsoring a one day conference Faith & Feelings by Dr. Brian Borgman on Oct. 19th from 9:00am-4:30pm. For more info and to register online, please go to www.sacramentogospelconference.com and see flyer on the back of our bulletin.