Mark your calendars!
July 9 (12:30pm) VBS All-Staff Meeting
July 10-14 Vacation Bible School
July 13 (10:00am) Joyful Hearts Fellowship
July 11 (9:00am) Senior Gospel Center
July 15 (7:30pm) 180 Cantonese Career Group
July 22 (7:30pm) Elevate College Fellowship
July 23 (12:30pm) Search Committee Q&A
August 6 (12:30pm) Special Members Meeting
August 13 (12:45pm) Family Worship Rehearsals
August 13 (2:00pm) Children Sunday School Teachers Meeting
August 13 Baptismal Membership Applications Due
August 27 (10:00am) Family Worship Service
September 1 Promotion Friday
September 3 Promotion Sunday
1. VBS ALL-STAFF MEETING is scheduled for TODAY at 12:30pm in the MPR. Please make every effort to attend if you are volunteering for VBS. We will spend time in prayer and nailing down details for the week. Lunch will be provided.
2. JOYFUL HEARTS FELLOWSHIP invites ladies of all ages to join them for a time of Bible study, sharing, prayer, and fellowship on Thursday, July 13, 2017, 10 a.m. at LCBC rooms 105-106. Bring your favorite salad to share in a potluck. Please RSVP with Ruby Yu (916-682-9361).
3. PASTORAL SEARCH UPDATE: At the July 5 Council Meeting, the Council unanimously approved the Personnel Committee’s motion to call Jonathan Szeto as the Associate Pastor for the English Congregation. A special Question and Answer (Q&A) session will be held with the Search Committee in the MPR after the second worship service on July 23rd. This Q&A session will be to discuss the search and evaluation process. Two weeks later, on August 6, a Special Members’ Meeting will be held after the second worship service to vote (only those members present may vote) on whether or not to confirm Jonathan’s calling to LCBC. To submit your questions for the Search Committee Q&A, please submit any written questions to the box on the East side of the MPR. We continue to ask for your fervent prayers as we seek God’s will and congregational unity in this process.
4. THE LCBC 50TH ANNIVERSARY COMMEMORATIVE T-SHIRT CONTEST continues through July 26th. If you prefer to hand draw your entry, you may do so and then scan it to email@example.com. Please see insert for more details.
5. LCBC’s 50TH ANNIVERSARY PLANNING COMMITTEE is busy coordinating events to bring our church together to celebrate. It’s not too late to volunteer to help in the planning. Contact Rodney & Fay Yee or email LCBC50Years@gmail.com to find out how you can help.
6. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING BAPTIZED OR BECOMING A MEMBER, applications are being accepted for our next baptismal service on Thanksgiving Sunday, November 19th. Please turn in a completed application by August 13th. Membership forms are available on the brochure wall next to the library and in the church office. Please contact Sandra at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.