Mark your calendars!
August 5 (9:30am) WMU Meeting
August 5 (9:30am) Basic Auto Maintenance Workshop
August 6 (12:30pm) Special Members Meeting
August 10 (10:00am) Joyful Hearts Fellowship
1. PASTORAL SEARCH UPDATE: At the July 5 Council Meeting, the Council unanimously approved the Personnel Committee’s motion to call Pastor Jonathan Szeto as the Associate Pastor for the English Congregation. Next Sunday (August 6), a Special Members’ Meeting will be held after the second worship service to vote (only those members present may vote) on whether or not to confirm Pastor Jonathan’s calling to LCBC. For parents who have children in Sunday School classes during second service, please be prompt in picking up your child by 12:15pm from their classrooms so that teachers and helpers may attend this meeting. We continue to ask for your fervent prayers as we seek God’s will and congregational unity in this process.
2. WMU MEETING will be held on Saturday, August 5th at 9:30am in room 106. All Chinese-speaking ladies are welcome to join us.
3. BASIC AUTO MAINTENANCE WORKSHOP in Chinese will be held on Saturday, August 5th in the ETC youth room from 9:30-11:30am.
4. THE LCBC PRAYER MINISTRY invites everyone to participate in the celebration of our 50th church anniversary bible verse recitation event and to encourage people to hide God’s word in their hearts. Recitation Scripture: Hebrews 10:19-25 (NASB). How to participate: Memorize the recitation verses in the NASB version. The recitation will be judged at the east entrance of the MPR on 8/6 and 8/13 Sunday from 10:00 am – 11:00 am to determine the winners. The Prize: The first twenty contestants to recite the verses without making a single mistake will receive a pre-paid order form for a free 50th anniversary commemorative T-shirt.
5. JOYFUL HEARTS FELLOWSHIP invites ladies of all ages to join them for a time of sharing, prayer, and fellowship on Thursday, August 10, 2017, 10:00am at Melissa Fong’s home (17 Havenwood Circle, Sacramento, CA 95931). A light lunch will be served. Please RSVP with Melissa Fong (916-393-9212).
6. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING BAPTIZED OR BECOMING A MEMBER, applications are being accepted for our next baptismal service on Thanksgiving Sunday, November 19th. Please turn in a completed application by August 13th. Membership forms are available on the brochure wall next to the library and in the church office. Please contact Sandra at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
7. LCBC Fund Raising Sports Tournament will be held on Saturday, August 26th from 9:30am to 8:00pm: Basketball from 9:30am-12:45pm (8 teams*, 4 players each); Table Tennis from 9:30am-1:45pm (8 teams, 2 players each); Badminton from 2:00pm-15:15pm (8 teams, 2 players each); and Volleyball from 5:30pm-8:00pm (4 Teams, 8 players each). All players requested to make minimum donation of $10 toward LCBC’s Fund Raising Program. Please contact Tom at email@example.com for details/rules and individual/team signups. Signups will close when rosters are filled (first come/first serve).
8. THANK YOU CHURCH for supporting VBS through prayers, donations and time. The kids raised $631 for Biosand filters for Southeast Asia which was matched by an anonymous donor for a grand total of $1262. 28 children made decisions to commit or rededicate their lives to Christ. We praise God for His faithfulness! God is good!