Mark your calendars!
July 23 (12:30pm) Search Committee Q&A
July 25 (9:00am) Senior Gospel Center
August 5 (9:30am) Basic Auto Maintenance Workshop
August 6 (12:30pm) Special Members Meeting
August 9 (7:30pm) Church Council Meeting
August 13 (12:45pm) Family Worship Rehearsals
August 13 (2:00pm) Children Sunday School Teachers Meeting
August 13 Baptismal Membership Applications Due
August 20 (12:30pm) Church Members Meeting
August 27 (10:00am) Family Worship Service
September 1 Promotion Friday
September 3 Promotion Sunday
1. PASTORAL SEARCH UPDATE: At the July 5 Council Meeting, the Council unanimously approved the Personnel Committee’s motion to call Jonathan Szeto as the Associate Pastor for the English Congregation. A special Question and Answer (Q&A) session will be held with the Search Committee in the MPR after the second worship service on July 23rd. This Q&A session will be to discuss the search and evaluation process. Two weeks later, on August 6, a Special Members’ Meeting will be held after the second worship service to vote (only those members present may vote) on whether or not to confirm Jonathan’s calling to LCBC. To submit your questions for the Search Committee Q&A, please submit any written questions to the box on the East side of the MPR. We continue to ask for your fervent prayers as we seek God’s will and congregational unity in this process.
2. THE LCBC 50TH ANNIVERSARY COMMEMORATIVE T-SHIRT CONTEST continues through July 26th. If you prefer to hand draw your entry, you may do so and then scan it to email@example.com. Please see insert for more details.
3. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING BAPTIZED OR BECOMING A MEMBER, applications are being accepted for our next baptismal service on Thanksgiving Sunday, November 19th. Please turn in a completed application by August 13th. Membership forms are available on the brochure wall next to the library and in the church office. Please contact Sandra at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
4. BASIC AUTO MAINTENANCE WORKSHOP in Chinese will be held on Saturday, August 5th in the ETC youth room from 9:30-11:30am.
5. CHURCH MEMBERS MEETING will be held on Sunday, August 20th immediately following the 2nd service in the MPR. All church members are encouraged to attend.
6. LCBC’s 50TH ANNIVERSARY PLANNING COMMITTEE is busy coordinating events to bring our church together to celebrate. It’s not too late to volunteer to help in the planning. Contact Rodney & Fay Yee or email LCBC50Years@gmail.com to find out how you can help.