Mark your calendars!
July 3 (6:00pm) LCBC Community & Information Center
July 4 (9:00am) Senior Gospel Center
July 5 (7:30pm) Church Council Meeting
July 8 (7:30pm) 180 Cantonese Career Group
July 8 (7:30pm) Elevate College Fellowship
July 9 (12:30pm) VBS All-Staff Meeting
July 10-14 Vacation Bible School
July 13 (10:00am) Joyful Hearts Fellowship
August 13 (12:45pm) Family Worship Rehearsals
August 13 (2:00pm) Children Sunday School Teachers Meeting
August 27 (10:00am) Family Worship Service
1. CHURCH COUNCIL MEETING will be held this Wednesday, July 5th at 7:30pm. All officers, program council directors and permanent committee chairpersons are required to attend. Any council member who is unable to attend should inform one of our pastors.
2. WMU MEETING will be held on Saturday, July 8th at 9:30am in room 106. All Chinese-speaking ladies are welcome to join us.
3. VBS ALL-STAFF MEETING is scheduled for Sunday, July 9th at 12:30pm in the MPR. Please make every effort to attend if you are volunteering for VBS. We will spend time in prayer and nailing down details for the week. Lunch will be provided.
4. JOYFUL HEARTS FELLOWSHIP invites ladies of all ages to join them for a time of Bible study, sharing, prayer, and fellowship on Thursday, July 13, 2017, 10 a.m. at LCBC rooms 105-106. Bring your favorite salad to share in a potluck. Please RSVP with Ruby Yu (916-682-9361).
5. VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL starts in 2 weeks and donations are needed for the event. Please look on the VBS board in the hallway to see what you can purchase. Bring all donated items to the VBS registration table. Thank you!
6. LCBC’s 50TH ANNIVERSARY PLANNING COMMITTEE is busy coordinating events to bring our church together to celebrate. It’s not too late to volunteer to help in the planning. Contact Rodney & Fay Yee or email LCBC50Years@gmail.com to find out how you can help.
7. ENGLISH CONGREGATION PASTORAL SEARCH: The Pastoral Search Committee would like to thank everyone who participated in our meet-and-greet and Q&A sessions with Pastor Jonathan and Miranda Szeto. Please give any verbal or written feedback to the Search Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org), the Deacons, or the Pastoral Staff. Based on the input we receive, the Search Committee will evaluate whether or not to submit a motion to the Church Council at its next meeting (on July 5) to call Pastor Jonathan as an Associate Pastor for the English Congregation. If such a motion is made and then approved by the Council, a congregational Q&A session for the Search Committee will be scheduled later in July, followed by the final congregational vote a week later. We ask for your continued and fervent prayer as we seek God’s will for the next step in our process.