Mark your calendars!
June 5 (6:00pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
June 7 (7:30pm) Church Council Meeting
June 8 (10:00am) Joyful Hearts Fellowship
June 10 (9:30am) WMU Meeting
June 11 (12:30pm) Church Members Meeting
June 19-24 Radiate Missions Trip to LA
July 10-14 Vacation Bible School
1. LCBC COMMUNITY AND INFORMATION CENTER meets on Monday, June 5th, 12th and 19th from 6:00-8:30pm in the church library. The center is available to those seeking job opportunities, translations, social services, medical information, and ESL classes.
2. CHURCH COUNCIL MEETING will be held on Wednesday, June 7th at 7:30pm. All officers, program council directors and permanent committee chairpersons are required to attend. Any council member who is unable to attend should inform one of our pastors.
3. JOYFUL HEARTS FELLOWSHIP invites ladies of all ages to join them for a time of Bible study, sharing, prayer and fellowship on Thurs., June 8th at 10:00 am at Janice Wong’s home (9266 Elberon Way, Elk Grove, CA 95758). A light lunch will be served. Please RSVP with Ruby Yu (916-692-9361).
4. WMU will meet on Saturday, June 10th at 9:30am at Pastor Hubert’s house (3573 Pacifica Lane, Elk Grove, CA 95757). To enter through the gate, please follow instruction on the gate key pad. If you have any questions, please contact Ting Lam (916-505-3122).
5. CHURCH MEMBERS MEETING has been rescheduled to Sunday, June 11th due to Father’s Day. Meeting will be held at 12:30pm immediately following the 2nd service in the MPR. All church members are encouraged to attend.
6. PASTORAL SEARCH UPDATE: After a thorough evaluation process, the Search Committee is happy to announce that Pastor Jonathan Szeto, our candidate for the English-Speaking Associate Pastor position, will be visiting LCBC for an extended weekend visit from June 23-25. An itinerary which will provide opportunities for everyone to meet Pastor Jonathan during that weekend is still being developed, but please plan on joining us on Sunday, June 25 to hear him preach in our English service. For those interested, Pastor Jonathan’s resume is posted in the hallway of the MPR. Please pray for God’s leading over our congregation as we continue to move forward in this process.
7. LCBC’s 50TH ANNIVERSARY PLANNING COMMITTEE is busy coordinating events to bring our church together to celebrate. It’s not too late to volunteer to help in the planning. Contact Rodney & Fay Yee or email LCBC50Years@gmail.com to find out how you can help.
8. YOU CAN SUPPORT CHURCH EXPANSION IN 2 WAYS: Amazon Referral Program – for those who shop on Amazon, LCBC can receive referral bonuses through your purchases! Start you shopping session using the link: http//amazon.com/?tag=lcbc-20 and LCBC can get referral bonuses. Items must be added to your cart and purchased in the same browsing session, so items already in your cart when you use the link won’t count. Remember to bookmark this link to use year-round for your personal and work purchases. Bel Air/Raleys Extra Credit Scrip Program – You must be a member of the Something Extra rewards program, click onto Manage Your Account, click onto Extra Credit and under Your Organizations, select Sacramento Chinese Baptist Church (LCBC’s former name) and designate percentage of your purchases that you would like LCBC to receive. Please contact Sandra at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Thank you for your support!