Mark your calendars!
June 9 (10:15am & 12:15pm) MPR Fire Evacuation Drill
June 9 (12:30pm) Church Members Meeting
June 10 (6:00pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
June 30 (1:00pm) VBS Crew Leader Training
July 7 (1:00pm) VBS General Meeting
- FIRE EVACUATION DRILL is scheduled for TODAY. The drill will only take place from the MPR after the 1st service at 10:15am and after the 2nd service at 12:00pm. Please follow the directions that will be given at the conclusion of each service. MPR. The children’s classes will not be participating in the drill. Please evacuate to the designated area and do not proceed to the ETC to pick up your child until completion of the fire drill. Thank you for your participation.
- CHURCH MEMBERS MEETING is scheduled for TODAY. All church members are encouraged to attend as the primary business item will be to vote for the senior pastor position.
- ADULT WOMEN (COLLEGE AND OLDER) are invited to a summer study examining “Biblical Conflict Resolution.” The meeting times will be from 9:30-11:30am beginning June 7 – July 26. Cost is $15 per person (includes book and supplies). We only have 3 spots left, first come first serve! Unfortunately, the children’s program has reached capacity and we cannot enroll anymore children. If you would still like to register, please see Victoria Choy.
- VBS REGISTRATION CONTINUES THIS WEEK! Come to the east entrance to sign your child up for Vacation Bible School 2019. The dates are July 8-12. Online registration is available at www.lagunabaptist.org.
- LOOKING TO HELP OUT IN VBS? Volunteer signups are here. Be a crew leader, assist in decorating, or help with snacks/games. If you have a desire to serve in this summer ministry, there is an area for you. Come by the VBS table to see how you can help. Mandatory crew leader training will be held Sunday, June 30 from 1-2:30pm in 105-106.
- FOR FATHER’S DAY SERVICE next Sunday, June 16th, there will be no nursery care, primary/junior worship or children Sunday school so that our children’s ministry staff can attend service with their families. Room 105-16 and the nursery will be available for families that need to bring their children out of the MPR. A closed circuit TV will broadcast the worship service for you. There will be no teachers in these rooms, so parents will need to stay with their children.
- CAMP ALTA REGISTRATION CONTINUES! Youth entering 7th-12thgrade are invited! Camp Alta will be held Sunday-Wednesday, July 28-31 and cost per camper is $190. The camp theme will be “Sanity in the Vanity”, and we are excited to have guest speaker Pastor Daniel Chan join us. Please see Jonathan and Matthew Lee for registration forms and to turn in forms and monies. Deadline for registration is June 21st! If you have any questions, please contact Pastor Daniel Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING BAPTIZED OR BECOMING A MEMBER, applications are now being accepted for our baptismal service scheduled for Thanksgiving Sunday, November 24th. Please turn in a completed application by July 21st. Membership forms are available on the brochure wall next to the library and in the church office. Membership candidates are required to attend a new members class which is scheduled for Sunday, July 21, 28 and August 4 from 10:45am-12:15pm in ETC 203. The class is open to anyone who wants to attend and learn more about our church beliefs, history, and practices. For more information, please contact Sandra at email@example.com.
9. LAST WEEK, LCBC received a report indicating the presence of mold in the MPR hallway. From June 17-30, a company will be working to remove mold from above the MPR hallway. During this time, the hallway will be sealed off and we will not be able to use the kitchen or restrooms. During this period, activities in the MPR will be limited to worship service and worship practice. If you have questions, please contact Jon Szeto (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Gary Tong (email@example.com).