Mark your calendars!
June 30 (1:00pm) VBS Crew Leader Training
July 3 (7:30pm) Church Council Meeting
July 7 (1:00pm) VBS General Meeting
July 8-12 VBS (Vacation Bible School)
July 13 (9:30am) WMU Meeting
July 20 WEM Sushi Making Class
July 21 Membership Applications Due
July 28-31 Radiate Youth Camp
- VBS REGISTRATION CONTINUES THIS WEEK! Come to the east entrance to sign your child up for VBS 2019. The dates are July 8-12. Online registration is available at www.lagunabaptist.org.
- LOOKING TO HELP OUT IN VBS? Volunteer signups are here. Be a crew leader, assist in decorating, or help with snacks/games. If you have a desire to serve in this summer ministry, there is an area for you. Come by the VBS table to see how you can help. Mandatory crew leader training will be held next Sunday, June 30 from 1-2:30pm in 105-106.
- A DONATION BOARD FOR VBS has been posted in the ETC Lobby! Please come by and see if there are any items you would be willing to contribute. Donated items need to be dropped off at the VBS table by June 30. Thank you!
- PARDON THE DUST…LCBC received a report indicating the presence of mold in the MPR hallway. From June 17-30, a company will be working to remove mold from above the MPR hallway. During this time, the hallway will be sealed off and we will not be able to use the kitchen or restrooms. During this period, activities in the MPR will be limited to worship service and worship practice. If you have questions, please contact Jon Szeto (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Gary Tong (email@example.com).
- AT THE CHURCH MEMBERS MEETING, PASTOR JON was unanimously voted in to serve as our senior pastor effective July 1, 2019. Please join us in congratulating him. We thank Pastor Hubert for faithfully serving many years as our senior pastor, and we look forward to his return from his medical leave of absence.
- CHURCH COUNCIL MEETING (please note change in date) is scheduled for Wednesday, July 3 at 7:30pm. All officers, program council directors and permanent committee chairpersons are required to attend. Any council member who is unable to attend should inform one of our pastors.
- WMU MEETING is scheduled for Saturday, July 13th at 9:30am in room 105-106. We will be showing a gospel movie and have a time of sharing. All Chinese-speaking women are welcome to attend.
- SUSHI WORKSHOP – Saturday, July 20th, 9am-12pm. Women’s Ministry invites all ladies for a time of fellowship and sushi making. Participant will learn to make Spam Musubi and Inari-Zushi. Registration begins today after 1st service outside by the east entrance. Reg. fee is $10 which includes material and a light lunch. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING BAPTIZED OR BECOMING A MEMBER, applications are now being accepted for our baptismal service scheduled for Thanksgiving Sunday, November 24th. Please turn in a completed application by July 21st. Membership forms are available on the brochure wall next to the library and in the church office. Membership candidates are required to attend a new members class which is scheduled for Sunday, July 21, 28 and August 4 from 10:45am-12:15pm in ETC 203. The class is open to anyone who wants to attend and learn more about our church beliefs, history, and practices. For more information, please contact Sandra at email@example.com.