Mark your calendars!
June 17 (6:00pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
June 30 (1:00pm) VBS Crew Leader Training
July 3 (7:30pm) Church Council Meeting
July 7 (1:00pm) VBS General Meeting
July 8-12 VBS (Vacation Bible School)
July 13 (9:30am) WMU Meeting
July 20 WEM Sushi Making Class
- FOR FATHER’S DAY SERVICE TODAY, there will be no nursery care, primary/junior worship or children Sunday school. Room 105-16 and the nursery will be available for families that need to bring their children out of the MPR. A closed circuit TV will broadcast the worship service for you. There will be no teachers in these rooms, so parents will need to stay with their children.
- VBS REGISTRATION CONTINUES THIS WEEK! Come to the east entrance to sign your child up for VBS 2019. The dates are July 8-12. Online registration is available at www.lagunabaptist.org.
- LOOKING TO HELP OUT IN VBS? Volunteer signups are here. Be a crew leader, assist in decorating, or help with snacks/games. If you have a desire to serve in this summer ministry, there is an area for you. Come by the VBS table to see how you can help. Mandatory crew leader training will be held Sunday, June 30 from 1-2:30pm in 105-106.
- LCBC COMMUNITY AND INFORMATION CENTER will meet on Mon., June 17th from 6:00-8:30pm. The center is available to those seeking job opportunities, translations, social services, medical information, and ESL classes. If you need personal assistance from CIC, please email CIC at email@example.com or call 916-683-3233 to schedule an appointment. Please note that on June 17th, CIC will meet in ETC 201 for the ESL class and 202-203 for the CIC services and not in the main building.
- PARDON THE DUST…LCBC received a report indicating the presence of mold in the MPR hallway. From June 17-30, a company will be working to remove mold from above the MPR hallway. During this time, the hallway will be sealed off and we will not be able to use the kitchen or restrooms. During this period, activities in the MPR will be limited to worship service and worship practice. If you have questions, please contact Jon Szeto (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Gary Tong (email@example.com).
- CAMP ALTA REGISTRATION CONTINUES! Youth entering 7th-12thgrade are invited! Camp Alta will be held Sunday-Wednesday, July 28-31 and cost per camper is $190. Please see Jonathan and Matthew Lee for registration forms and to turn in forms and monies. Deadline for registration is June 21st! If you have any questions, please contact Pastor Daniel Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AT THE CHURCH MEMBERS MEETING, PASTOR JON was unanimously voted in to serve as our senior pastor effective July 1, 2019. Please join us in congratulating him. We thank Pastor Hubert for faithfully serving many years as our senior pastor, and we look forward to his return from his medical leave of absence.
- WMU MEETING is scheduled for Saturday, July 13th at 9:30am in room 105-106. We will be showing a gospel movie and have a time of sharing. All Chinese-speaking women are welcome to attend.
- SAVE THE DATE: JULY 20TH WOMEN’S ENRICHMENT MINISTRIES is sponsoring a sushi making workshop. Registration begins June 23rd. Email email@example.com for more information.
- IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING BAPTIZED OR BECOMING A MEMBER, applications are now being accepted for our baptismal service scheduled for Thanksgiving Sunday, November 24th. Please turn in a completed application by July 21st. Membership forms are available on the brochure wall next to the library and in the church office. Membership candidates are required to attend a new members class which is scheduled for Sunday, July 21, 28 and August 4 from 10:45am-12:15pm in ETC 203. The class is open to anyone who wants to attend and learn more about our church beliefs, history, and practices. For more information, please contact Sandra at firstname.lastname@example.org.