Mark your calendars!
May 30 (9:00am) Senior Gospel Center
June 5 (6:00pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
June 7 (7:30pm) Church Council Meeting
June 8 (10:00am) Joyful Hearts Fellowship
June 11 (12:30pm) Church Members Meeting
June 19-24 Radiate Missions Trip to LA
July 10-14 Vacation Bible School
July 23-26 Radiate Youth Camp
1. LCBC COMMUNITY AND INFORMATION CENTER meets on Monday, June 5th, 12th and 19th from 6:00-8:30pm in the church library. The center is available to those seeking job opportunities, translations, social services, medical information, and ESL classes.
2. CHURCH COUNCIL MEETING will be held on Wednesday, June 7th at 7:30pm. All officers, program council directors and permanent committee chairpersons are required to attend. Any council member who is unable to attend should inform one of our pastors.
3. JOYFUL HEARTS FELLOWSHIP invites ladies of all ages to join them for a time of Bible study, sharing, prayer and fellowship on Thurs., June 8th at 10:00 am at Janice Wong’s home (9266 Elberon Way, Elk Grove, CA 95758). A light lunch will be served. Please RSVP with Ruby Yu (916-692-9361).
4. CHURCH MEMBERS MEETING has been rescheduled to Sunday, June 11th due to Father’s Day. Meeting will be held at 12:30pm immediately following the 2nd service in the MPR. All church members are encouraged to attend.
5. NO PRIMARY/JUNIOR WORSHIP, CHILDREN SUNDAY SCHOOL AND NURSERY CARE on Sunday, June 18th,
Father’s Day so that our children’s ministry staff can attend service with their families. LCBC will have regular service
times; English 9:00am, Mandarin 9:00am and Cantonese 10:45am.
6. PASTORAL SEARCH UPDATE: After a thorough evaluation process, the Search Committee is happy to announce that Pastor Jonathan Szeto, our candidate for the English-Speaking Associate Pastor position, will be visiting LCBC for an extended weekend visit from June 23-25. An itinerary which will provide opportunities for everyone to meet Pastor Jonathan during that weekend is still being developed, but please plan on joining us on Sunday, June 25 to hear him preach in our English service. For those interested, Pastor Jonathan’s resume is posted in the hallway of the MPR. Please pray for God’s leading over our congregation as we continue to move forward in this process.
7. GREETERS NEEDED! LCBC is looking for cheerful and friendly people to be the welcoming smiles to those coming through our doors. Greeting people is the beginning of their worship experience on Sunday mornings. If you are interested in being a part of our church community, please contact Terry Chew at email@example.com.
8. USHERS ARE ANOTHER WELCOMING FACE NEEDED AT LCBC…if you like helping people find seats, taking up the offering, or just giving directions or info when asked, then contact Davey Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org or Philip Wong at email@example.com to serve in this ministry.
9. LCBC’s 50TH ANNIVERSARY PLANNING COMMITTEE is busy coordinating events to bring our church together to celebrate. It’s not too late to volunteer to help in the planning. Contact Rodney & Fay Yee or email LCBC50Years@gmail.com to find out how you can help.