Mark your calendars!
May 7 (6:00pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
May 9 (7:30pm) Church Council Meeting
May 10 (10:00am) Joyful Hearts Fellowship
May 12 (9:30am) WMU Meeting
May 20 (1:00pm) Children Sunday School Teachers Meeting
July 9-13 Vacation Bible School (VBS)
July 22-25 Radiate Youth Camp
- LCBC COMMUNITY AND INFORMATION CENTER meets on Monday, May 7th, 14th and 21st from 6:00-8:30pm in room 104. The center is available to those seeking job opportunities, translations, social services, medical information, and ESL classes.
- CHURCH COUNCIL MEETING will be held this Wednesday, May 9th at 7:30pm. All officers, program council directors and permanent committee chairpersons are required to attend. Any council member who is unable to attend should inform one of our pastors.
- JOYFUL HEARTS FELLOWSHIP invites ladies of all ages to join them for a time of sharing, prayer and fellowship this Thursday, May 10, 2018, 10:00am at Alice Khoo’s home (111 Whickham Ct., Roseville CA 95661). Eileen Wong will share. A light lunch will be served. Please RSVP with Alice Khoo (916-789-0415 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- SPECIAL SERIES FOR RADIATE YOUTH MINISTRY – For May 11, and 18, we will be addressing the topic, “How to Face Sexual Temptation in the Christian Life.” We invite all parents of youth to attend and interact. Pastor Jon will host a special Q&A time with the parents on May 4. The leadership team sent home a letter to the parents with more details, which is also posted on the Youth bulletin board. If you have any further questions, please contact Jon at email@example.com.
- WMU MEETING is scheduled for Saturday, May 12th at 9:30am in rooms 105-106. All Chinese-speaking women are invited to hear our special speaker, Iris Wong.
- CHILDREN’S MINISTRY NEEDS YOU! Join us for a DT Class that provides an introduction to Children’s Ministries at LCBC. In the class you will learn about the different ministries offered for children of all ages. You will also learn about basic things that can equip you to better serve in children’s ministry, such as developmental stages of children, how to share the gospel with kids, and how to manage behavior in a respectful way. You will also have an opportunity to meet and ask questions of people that serve in the various ministries. The class will meet from 10:45am-12:00pm in ETC 211 on May 20 and 27. Contact Patty Tong at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- VBS REGISTRATION online and in person will begin Sunday, May 20th! Visit the church website at lagunabaptist.org for more info.
- YOUTH PASTOR SEARCH COMMITTEE UPDATE — The committee is reviewing and compiling interview questions. Pray with us for patience in waiting and for God to prepare us as a church for the man He calls here. For more information, see the bulletin board outside the MPR or email the committee at email@example.com, or you may speak to a committee member, Alice Khoo, Kevin Wong, Mikal Tuyen, Terry Chew, or Daisy Lee.