Mark your calendars!
May 5 (10:45am) Welcome Fellowship Sunday School
May 6 (6:00pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
May 8 (7:30pm) Church Council Meeting
May 18 (9:30am) WMU Meeting
May 19 (1:00pm) Children Sunday School Teachers Meeting
May 25 (7:00pm) LCBC Coffee House Outreach
June 9 (12:30pm) Church Members Meeting
July 8-12 (6:30-9:00pm) Vacation Bible School
- WELCOME FELLOWSHIP SUNDAY begins TODAY at 10:45 am in Rm 105-106. Come meet other students of the “Bible Characters” Adult Sunday School class over coffee, tea and snacks. Steve Wang and Daniel Yee will also be reporting about their mission trip to El Salvador.
- LCBC COMMUNITY AND INFORMATION CENTER meets on Mon., May 6, 13 and 20 from 6:00-8:30pm in 104. The center is available to those seeking job opportunities, translations, social services, medical information, and ESL classes. If you need personal assistance from CIC, please email CIC at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 916-683-3233 to schedule an appointment.
- ADULT WOMEN (COLLEGE AND OLDER) are invited to a summer study examining “Biblical Conflict Resolution.” The meeting times will be on 8 consecutive Fridays from 9:30-11:30 am in the ETC building beginning on June 7 until July 26. Registration will begin next week (May 12). Details to follow.
- MOTHER’S DAY, SUNDAY MAY 12th, there will be no nursery care, primary/junior worship or children Sunday school so that our children’s ministry staff can attend service with their families. We will have regular service times: English 9:00am, Mandarin 9:00am and Cantonese 10:45am. The nursery and room 105-16 will be available for families that need to bring their children out of the MPR. A closed circuit TV will broadcast the worship service for you and parents will need to stay with their children.
- WMU MEETING will be held on Saturday, May 18th at 9:30am in room 105-106. We will have a time of sharing and fellowship. All Chinese-speaking women are invited to come!
- NEW HOPE COMMUNITY CHURCH on May 18, from 11am-3pm will have a community outreach at a park to connect with the community and share the Gospel. If you are interested or need further information, please contact Suong Vu at email@example.com or Cendra Fong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CHILDREN SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHERS MEETING is scheduled for Sunday, May 19th at 1:00pm in room 201. All children Sunday school teachers are required to attend. If you are unable to attend, please inform Patty Tong.
- COFFEE HOUSE OUTREACH — on May 25th, 7-9m (Saturday)! An outreach to saved and unsaved peoples is coming! An evening of coffee (and other beverages) and light refreshments is punctuated with songs and testimonies by individuals declaring God’s glory! Please make plans to attend this event (and invite your friends)! If you have any questions regarding this or are interested in sharing that night, please contact Harry Fong (email@example.com). More information to come in May.
- PASTOR HUBERT will be taking a 6-month leave of absence from April 1, 2019 to September 30, 2019 due to medical reasons. During this time, Pastor Jon will resume the role as interim senior pastor and will oversee all our pastoral team. The Mandarin congregation will also have the assistance of Pastor Jerry who is retired with many years of experience. His primary role will be to preach and train our Mandarin congregation for the next 5 months. Please continue to pray for our pastoral staff.