Mark your calendars!
June 2 (9:30am) WMU Meeting
June 4 (6:00pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
June 6 (7:30pm) Church Council Meeting
July 9-13 Vacation Bible School (VBS)
June 14 (10:00am) Joyful Hearts Fellowship
June 17 Deadline for Radiate Youth Camp forms
July 22-25 Radiate Youth Camp
- VBS REGISTRATION online and in person will continue TODAY! Visit the church website at lagunabaptist.org for more info.
- CHILDREN’S MINISTRY NEEDS YOU! Join us for a DT Class that provides an introduction to Children’s Ministries at LCBC. In the class you will learn about the different ministries offered for children of all ages. You will also learn about basic things that can equip you to better serve in children’s ministry, such as developmental stages of children, how to share the gospel with kids, and how to manage behavior in a respectful way. You will also have an opportunity to meet and ask questions of people that serve in the various ministries. The class will meet from 10:45am-12:00pm in ETC 211 TODAY. Contact Patty Tong at email@example.com for more information.
- WMU MEETING is scheduled for Saturday, June 2nd at 9:30AM in room 105. All Chinese-speaking women are invited to hear Pastor Hubert share.
- LCBC COMMUNITY AND INFORMATION CENTER meets on Monday, June 4th, 11th and 18th from 6:00-8:30pm in room 104. The center is available to those seeking job opportunities, translations, social services, medical information, and ESL classes.
- CHURCH MEMBERS MEETING will be held on Sunday, June 10th at 12:30pm in the MPR. All church members are encouraged to attend. Please note the change in date due to Father’s Day.
- JOYFUL HEARTS FELLOWSHIP invites ladies of all ages to join them for a time of sharing, prayer, and fellowship on Thursday, June 14, 2018, 10 a.m.at Janice Wong’s home (9266 Elberon Way, Elk Grove, CA 95758). Speaker: Wayne Wong, “Journey of Faith”. A light lunch will be served. Please RSVP with Janice Wong (916-683-2769).
- UNDER PRESSURE…Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing…James 1:2-4 is the theme this year for our youth camp at Camp Alta (open to youth entering 7th-12th grade). Camp Alta this year will be held Sunday-Wednesday, July 22-25 and cost per camper is $190. Registration deadline is June 17th! Please see Jacob Farrall for registration forms and to turn in forms and monies. If you have any questions, please contact Sandra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- YOUTH PASTOR SEARCH COMMITTEE – After prayer and discussion, we will not be moving forward with the application process for the third inquiry. We covet your prayers as we wait on God’s timing for the man He will call to serve as youth pastor. For more information, see the bulletin board outside the MPR or email the committee at email@example.com, or you may speak to a committee member, Alice Khoo, Kevin Wong, Mikal Tuyen, Terry Chew, or Daisy Lee.