Mark your calendars!
May 20 (1:00pm) Children Sunday School Teachers Meeting
May 21 (6:00pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
June 2 (9:30am) WMU Meeting
July 9-13 Vacation Bible School (VBS)
July 22-25 Radiate Youth Camp
- VBS REGISTRATION online and in person will begin TODAY! Visit the church website at lagunabaptist.org for more info.
- CHILDREN’S MINISTRY NEEDS YOU! Join us for a DT Class that provides an introduction to Children’s Ministries at LCBC. In the class you will learn about the different ministries offered for children of all ages. You will also learn about basic things that can equip you to better serve in children’s ministry, such as developmental stages of children, how to share the gospel with kids, and how to manage behavior in a respectful way. You will also have an opportunity to meet and ask questions of people that serve in the various ministries. The class will meet from 10:45am-12:00pm in ETC 211 TODAY and May 27. Contact Patty Tong at email@example.com for more information.
- CHILDREN SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHERS MEETING is scheduled to meet TODAY at 1:00pm in ETC 201. All Children Sunday School teachers are required to attend. Please let Patty Tong know if you are unable to attend this meeting.
- LCBC COMMUNITY AND INFORMATION CENTER meets on Monday, May 21st from 6:00-8:30pm in room 104. The center is available to those seeking job opportunities, translations, social services, medical information, and ESL classes.
- LOST AND FOUND TABLE has been set up by the east entrance. All unclaimed items will be donated to a local charity on May 22nd.
- WMU MEETING is scheduled for Saturday, June 2nd at 9:30AM in room 105. All Chinese-speaking woman are invited to hear Pastor Hubert share.
- CHURCH MEMBERS MEETING will be held on Sunday, June 10th at 12:30pm in the MPR. All church members are encouraged to attend. Please note the change in date due to Father’s Day.
- UNDER PRESSURE…Consider it pure joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing…James 1:2-4 is the theme this year for our youth camp at Camp Alta (open to youth entering 7th-12th grade). Camp Alta this year will be held Sunday-Wednesday, July 22-25 and cost per camper is $190. Registration deadline is June 17th! Please see Jacob Farrall for registration forms and to turn in forms and monies. If you have any questions, please contact Sandra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- YOUTH PASTOR SEARCH COMMITTEE – We have received three recent inquiries and are prayerfully considering whether or not they should be moved forward in the process and given a formal application and supplemental questionnaire to complete. Please pray with us for discernment and wisdom. For more information, see the bulletin board outside the MPR or email the committee at email@example.com, or you may speak to a committee member, Alice Khoo, Kevin Wong, Mikal Tuyen, Terry Chew, or Daisy Lee.