Mark your calendars!
May 13 (6:00pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
May 18 (9:30am) WMU Meeting
May 19 (1:00pm) Children Sunday School Teachers Meeting
May 25 (7:00pm) LCBC Coffee House Outreach
June 9 (12:30pm) Church Members Meeting
July 8-12 (6:30-9:00pm) Vacation Bible School
July 28-31 Radiate Youth Camp at Camp Alta
- FOR TODAY, MOTHER’S DAY SERVICE, there will be no nursery care, primary/junior worship or children Sunday school so that our children’s ministry staff can attend service with their families. Room 105-16 and the nursery will be available for families that need to bring their children out of the MPR. A closed circuit TV will broadcast the worship service for you. There will be no teachers in these rooms, so parents will need to stay with their children.
- ADULT WOMEN (COLLEGE AND OLDER) are invited to a summer study examining “Biblical Conflict Resolution.” The meeting times will be on 8 consecutive Fridays from 9:30-11:30 am in the ETC building beginning on June 7 until July 26. Cost is $15 per person (includes book and supplies). The maximum attendance is 30, so be sure to sign up! Registration will begin TODAY at the east entrance.
- LCBC COMMUNITY AND INFORMATION CENTER meets on Mon., May 13 and 20 from 6:00-8:30pm in 104. The center is available to those seeking job opportunities, translations, social services, medical information, and ESL classes. If you need personal assistance from CIC, please email CIC at email@example.com or call 916-683-3233 to schedule an appointment.
- WMU MEETING will be held on Saturday, May 18th at 9:30am in room 105-106. We will have a time of sharing and fellowship. All Chinese-speaking women are invited to come!
- NEW HOPE COMMUNITY CHURCH on May 18, from 11am-3pm will have a community outreach at a park to connect with the community and share the Gospel. If you are interested or need further information, please contact Suong Vu at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cendra Fong at email@example.com.
- CHILDREN SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHERS MEETING is scheduled for Sunday, May 19th at 1:00pm in room 201. All children Sunday school teachers are required to attend. If you are unable to attend, please inform Patty Tong.
- COFFEE HOUSE OUTREACH — on May 25th, 7-9m (Saturday)! An outreach to saved and unsaved peoples is coming! An evening of coffee (and other beverages) and light refreshments is punctuated with songs and testimonies by individuals declaring God’s glory! Please make plans to attend this event (and invite your friends)! If you have any questions regarding this or are interested in sharing that night, please contact Harry Fong (firstname.lastname@example.org). More information to come in May.
- PASTOR HUBERT will be taking a 6-month leave of absence from April 1, 2019 to September 30, 2019 due to medical reasons. During this time, Pastor Jon will resume the role as interim senior pastor and will oversee all our pastoral team. The Mandarin congregation will also have the assistance of Pastor Jerry who is retired with many years of experience. His primary role will be to preach and train our Mandarin congregation for the next 5 months. Please continue to pray for our pastoral staff.
- SAVE THE DATE FOR VBS! Vacation Bible School is scheduled for July 8-12 from 6:30-9:00pm. For all children entering TK (transitional kindergarten) – 6th For more info, please see flyer on back of the bulletin.