Mark your calendars!
April 28 (12:30pm) Senior Pastor Town Hall Meeting
May 5 (10:45am) Welcome Fellowship Sunday School
May 18 (9:30am) WMU Meeting
May 19 (1:00pm) Children Sunday School Teachers Meeting
May 25 (7:00pm) LCBC Coffee House Outreach
June 3 (6:00pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
July 8-12 (6:30-9:00pm) Vacation Bible School
- THE PERSONNEL COMMITTEE intends to make an important motion in the church council meeting on May 8, 2019.
-We move to make Jonathan Szeto the Senior Pastor effective July 1, 2019
Prior to presenting this motion, the Personnel Committee invites everyone to a townhall meeting TODAY at 12:30pm in the ETC to discuss the proposed staff transitions.
- CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSROOM RELOCATION – We praise God for blessing us with a significant increase in our Children’s Sunday School attendance. To accommodate this recent growth and prepare for our future needs in this ministry, we will be relocating many of the classes to new rooms TODAY. For more detail, please refer to the schedules posted in the MPR and ETC hallways.
- NURSERY EXPANSION HELPERS NEEDED: The nursery expansion project needs some help. The fixtures, ceilings, and baseboards need taping before rooms can be painted. Please contact Faye Ong (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you can help TODAY from 2-3 pm.
- WELCOME FELLOWSHIP SUNDAY MAY 5 at 10:45 am in Rm 105-106. Come meet other students of the “Bible Characters” Adult Sunday School class over coffee, tea and snacks. Steve Wang and Daniel Yee will also be reporting about their mission trip to El Salvador.
- WMU MEETING will be held on Saturday, May 18th at 9:30am in room 105-106. We will have a time of sharing and fellowship. All Chinese-speaking women are invited to come!
- NEW HOPE COMMUNITY CHURCH on May 18, from 11am-3pm will have a community outreach at a park to connect with the community and share the Gospel. To prepare for the community outreach event, New Hope has a park work day on April 27 from 10am-12noon. If you are interested or need further information, please contact Suong Vu at email@example.com or Cendra Fong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CHILDREN SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHERS MEETING is scheduled for Sunday, May 19th at 1:00pm in room 201. All children Sunday school teachers are required to attend. If you are unable to attend, please inform Patty Tong.
- COFFEE HOUSE OUTREACH — on May 25th, 7-9m (Saturday)! An outreach to saved and unsaved peoples is coming! An evening of coffee (and other beverages) and light refreshments is punctuated with songs and testimonies by individuals declaring God’s glory! Please make plans to attend this event (and invite your friends)! If you have any questions regarding this or are interested in sharing that night, please contact Harry Fong (email@example.com). More information to come in May.
- PASTOR HUBERT will be taking a 6-month leave of absence from April 1, 2019 to September 30, 2019 due to medical reasons. During this time, Pastor Jon will resume the role as interim senior pastor and will oversee all our pastoral team. The Mandarin congregation will also have the assistance of Pastor Jerry who is retired with many years of experience. His primary role will be to preach and train our Mandarin congregation for the next 6 months. Please continue to pray for our pastoral staff.