Mark your calendars!
May 8 (7:30pm) Church Council Meeting
May 18 (9:30am) WMU Meeting
May 19 (1:00pm) Children Sunday School Teachers Meeting
May 25 (7:00pm) LCBC Coffee House Outreach
June 3 (6:00pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
July 8-12 Vacation Bible School
- NO NURSERY, PRIMARY/JUNIOR WORSHIP OR CHILDREN SUNDAY SCHOOL ON EASTER SUNDAY. Families are encouraged to attend worship service together. The nursery and room 105-106 will be available for you if you need to bring your child out of the MPR. Parents are required to stay with their children as there will be no teacher in those rooms. A closed circuit TV will be in these rooms to broadcast the worship service and coloring pages and crayons for your child.
- CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSROOM RELOCATION – We praise God for blessing us with a significant increase in our Children’s Sunday School attendance. To accommodate this recent growth and prepare for our future needs in this ministry, we will be relocating many of the classes to new rooms on April 28. For more detail, please refer to the schedules posted in the MPR and ETC hallways. For more info, please contact Kevin Wong, Faye Ong, Patty Tong, Gary Tong, Michael Wong, Phillip Kwong, or Agnes Lau.
- NURSERY EXPANSION HELPERS NEEDED: The nursery expansion project needs some help. The fixtures, ceilings, and baseboards need taping before rooms can be painted. Please contact Faye Ong (email@example.com) if you can help on April 28th from 2-3 pm.
- THE PERSONNEL COMMITTEE intends to make an important motion in the church council meeting on May 8, 2019.
-We move to make Jonathan Szeto the Senior Pastor effective July 1, 2019
Prior to presenting this motion, the Personnel Committee invites everyone to a townhall meeting on Sunday, April 28, 2019 at 12:15 in the ETC to discuss the proposed staff transitions. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the members of the Personnel Committee: Jennifer Yee, Ken Huang or Phil Leung.
- NEW HOPE COMMUNITY CHURCH on May 18, from 11am-3pm will have a community outreach at a park to connect with the community and share the Gospel. To prepare for the community outreach event, New Hope has a park work day on April 27 from 10am-12noon. If you are interested or need further information, please contact Suong Vu at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cendra Fong at email@example.com.
- COFFEE HOUSE OUTREACH — on May 25th, 7-9m (Saturday)! An outreach to saved and unsaved peoples is coming! An evening of coffee (and other beverages) and light refreshments is punctuated with songs and testimonies by individuals declaring God’s glory! Please make plans to attend this event (and invite your friends)! If you have any questions regarding this or are interested in sharing that night, please contact Harry Fong (firstname.lastname@example.org). More information to come in May.
- PASTOR HUBERT will be taking a 6-month leave of absence from April 1, 2019 to September 30, 2019 due to medical reasons. Please continue to pray for him that he can have the time to rest and recover. During this time, Pastor Jon will resume the role as interim senior pastor and will oversee all our pastoral team. The Mandarin congregation will also have the assistance of Pastor Jerry who is retired with many years of experience. His primary role will be to preach and train our Mandarin congregation for the next 6 months. Please continue to keep our pastors in your prayers.
- CANTONESE MINISTRY COORDINATOR: We praise the Lord for the providence of sister Licle Lau’s service in the position of the part-time Cantonese Ministry Coordinator beginning April 21st.