Mark your calendars!
April 14 (12:30pm) Church Members Meeting
April 15 (6:00pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
April 19 (7:00pm) Good Friday Service
April 20 (11:00am) Easter Eggstravaganza Outreach Event
April 21 Easter Baptismal Service
- CHURCH MEMBERS MEETING is scheduled for TODAY at 12:30pm in the MPR. All church members are encouraged to attend to support our membership candidates’ testimonies.
- OUR EASTER EGGSTRAVAGANZA OUTREACH EVENT is coming up on Saturday, April 20 from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm! Volunteers are needed to help out in the different areas of this event. For more information, go to the tables in the east wing of the MPR and in front of the ETC building TODAY.
- GOOD FRIDAY SERVICE will be held April 19th at 7:00pm. English in MPR and Chinese in ETC.
- SUNDAY MORNING CORPORATE PRAYER – on Easter Sun., 4/21, the Sunday Morning Corporate Prayer will be moved to room 104. On this day, the prayer session will not be hosted but room 104 will be open to those who want to gather to pray together or on their own prior to the start of worship.
- NO NURSERY, PRIMARY/JUNIOR WORSHIP OR CHILDREN SUNDAY SCHOOL ON EASTER SUNDAY. Families are encouraged to attend worship service together. The nursery and room 105-106 will be available for you if you need to bring your child out of the MPR. Parents are required to stay with their children as there will be no teacher in those rooms. A closed circuit TV will be in these rooms to broadcast the worship service and coloring pages and crayons for your child.
- CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSROOM RELOCATION – We praise God for blessing us with a significant increase in our Children’s Sunday School attendance. In order to accommodate this recent growth and to prepare for our future needs in this ministry, we will be relocating many of the classes to new rooms on April 28. For more detail, please refer to the schedules posted in the MPR and ETC hallways. If you have any questions, please contact Kevin Wong, Faye Ong, Patty Tong, Gary Tong, Michael Wong, Phillip Kwong, or Agnes Lau.
- THE PERSONNEL COMMITTEE intends to make an important motion in the church council meeting on May 8, 2019.
-We move to make Jonathan Szeto the Senior Pastor effective July 1, 2019
Prior to presenting this motion, the Personnel Committee invites everyone to a townhall meeting on Sunday, April 28, 2019 at 12:15 in the ETC to discuss the proposed staff transitions. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the members of the Personnel Committee: Jennifer Yee, Ken Huang or Phil Leung.
- COFFEE HOUSE OUTREACH — on May 25th, 7-9m (Saturday)! An outreach to saved and unsaved peoples is coming! An evening of coffee (and other beverages) and light refreshments is punctuated with songs and testimonies by individuals declaring God’s glory! Please make plans to attend this event (and invite your friends)! If you have any questions regarding this or are interested in sharing that night, please contact Harry Fong (firstname.lastname@example.org). More information to come in May.
9. PASTOR HUBERT will be taking a 6-month leave of absence from April 1, 2019 to September 30, 2019 due to medical reasons. Please continue to pray for him that he can have the time to rest and recover. During this time, Pastor Jon will resume the role as interim senior pastor and will oversee all our pastoral team. The Mandarin congregation will also have the assistance of Pastor Jerry who is retired with many years of experience. His primary role will be to preach and train our Mandarin congregation for the next 6 months. Please continue to keep our pastors in your prayers.