Mark your calendars!
April 1 (6:00pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
April 6 (9:00am) WEM Felt Flower Workshop
April 12-13 The Gospel Coalition Conference Webcast
April 14 (12:30pm) Church Members Meeting
- ENGLISH MEMBERSHIP CLASS continuesTODAY from 10:45 AM – 12:15 PM in ETC 202-203. The class is open to anyone who wants to attend and learn more about our church beliefs, history, and practices.
- FELT FLOWER WORKSHOP – Saturday, April 6, 9am-12pm. Women’s Ministry invites all ladies for a time of fellowship and crafting! Participants will learn how to create flowers out of felt and will design and make a decorative wreath to take home. Registration continues TODAY after 1st service at the east entrance. Fee is $10 and includes all materials. For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ON APRIL 12-13, LCBC will webcast the THE GOSPEL COALTION The theme of the conference is: Conversations with Jesus. April 12 (Friday) 7-9 pm; April 13 (Sat) 8:30-2:30pm. The speakers include John Piper, Timothy Keller, and Kevin deYoung. Break- out sessions will be held on Friday and Saturday. Chinese translation will be available. Childcare will be provided; breakfast and lunch will be served on Saturday! We will be joined by Chinese Grace Bible Church and New Hope Community Church. Please register online: http://www.lagunabaptist.org.
- CHURCH MEMBERS MEETING is scheduled for Sunday, April 14th at 12:30pm in the MPR. All church members are encouraged to attend to support our membership candidates’ testimonies.
- SAVE THE DATE FOR OUR FOLLOWING EASTER EVENTS – Good Friday Service, April 19th at 7:00pm, English in MPR and Chinese in ETC; Easter Outreach, April 20th from 11:00am-1:00pm; Easter Baptismal Service, April 21st, English 9:00am and Chinese 10:45am.
- CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSROOM RELOCATION – We praise God for blessing us with a significant increase in our Children’s Sunday School attendance. In order to accommodate this recent growth and to prepare for our future needs in this ministry, we will be relocating many of the classes to new rooms on April 28. Please see the attached bulletin insert. If you have any questions, please contact Kevin Wong, Faye Ong, Patty Tong, Gary Tong, Michael Wong, Phillip Kwong, or Agnes Lau.
- BEFORE THE END OF APRIL, the nursery needs two armchairs or a loveseat, baby bouncers, sit-an-play chairs, and a changing table. If you have these items and they are in good condition, please consider donating them to us. Contact Agnes Lau (email@example.com) or Faye Ong (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- IF YOU HAVE A BUILDING KEY and are no longer in an officer or leadership position, please return it to our trustees. For more information, please contact trustee John Fong at email@example.com.
- SENIOR PASTOR TRANSITION: The Personnel Committee intends to make two important motions in the church council meeting on May 8, 2019.
- We move to make Hubert Ng the Mandarin Pastor effective July 1, 2019
- We move to make Jonathan Szeto the Senior Pastor effective July 1, 2019
Prior to presenting this motion, the Personnel Committee invites everyone to a townhall meeting on Sunday, April 28, 2019 at 12:15 in the ETC to discuss the proposed staff transitions. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the members of the Personnel Committee: Jennifer Yee, Ken Huang or Phil Leung.