Mark your calendars!
March 18 (6:00pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
March 26 (10:30am) Senior Gospel Center Senior Exploitation Seminar
April 3 (7:30pm) Church Council Meeting
April 6 (9:00am) WEM Felt Flower Workshop
April 12-13 The Gospel Coalition Conference Webcast
April 14 (12:30pm) Church Members Meeting
April 19 (7:00pm) Good Friday Service
April 20 Easter Community Outreach
April 28 (12:15pm) Senior Pastor Town Hall Meeting
- ENGLISH MEMBERSHIP CLASSES will begin TODAY and continues on March 24 and 31 from 10:45 AM – 12:15 PM in rooms 202-203, of the ETC. While attendance is required for member applicants, the class is open to anyone who wants to attend and learn more about our church beliefs, history, and practices. Contact Norbert Gee at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- ATTENTION INSTRUMENTALISTS AND SINGERS! Join us in preparing for our Spring Special Music Presentation on May 5th.Practice dates and sign-ups are posted on the Music Ministry bulletin board in the main hallway. EVERYONE (4th grade & up) is invited to participate. Our first rehearsal begins TODAY at 12:30pm for singers, and 1:30pm for any pianists, violinists, or other instruments listed. We hope to see you there!
- FELT FLOWER WORKSHOP – Saturday., April 6, 9am-12pm. Women’s Ministry invites all ladies for a time of fellowship and crafting! Participants will learn how to create flowers out of felt and will design and make a decorative wreath to take home. Registration continues TODAY after 1st service at the east entrance. Fee is $10 and includes all materials. For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LCBC SENIOR GOSPEL CENTER is sponsoring a COMMUNITIES AGAINST SENIOR EXPLOITATION SEMINAR on Tue., March 26th from 10:30-11:30am. Translation will be provided.
- ON APRIL 12-13, LCBC will webcast the THE GOSPEL COALTION The theme of the conference is: Conversations with Jesus. April 12 (Friday) 7-9 pm; April 13 (Sat) 8:30-2:30pm. The speakers include John Piper, Timothy Keller, and Kevin deYoung. Break- out sessions will be held on Friday and Saturday. Chinese translation will be available. Childcare will be provided; breakfast and lunch will be served on Saturday! We will be joined by Chinese Grace Bible Church and New Hope Community Church. Please register online: http://www.lagunabaptist.org.
- CHURCH MEMBERS MEETING is scheduled for Sunday, April 14th at 12:30pm in the MPR. All church members are encouraged to attend to support our membership candidates’ testimonies.
- GOOD FRIDAY SERVICE will be held on April 19th at 7:00pm. English speaking will meet in the MPR and Chinese speaking will meet in the ETC Youth Room.
- SENIOR PASTOR TRANSITION: The Personnel Committee intends to make two important motions in the church council meeting on May 8, 2019.
- We move to make Hubert Ng the Mandarin Pastor effective July 1, 2019
- We move to make Jonathan Szeto the Senior Pastor effective July 1, 2019
Prior to presenting this motion, the Personnel Committee invites everyone to a townhall meeting on Sunday, April 28, 2019 at 12:15 in the ETC to discuss the proposed staff transitions. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the members of the Personnel Committee: Jennifer Yee, Ken Huang or Phil Leung.