Mark your calendars!
February 6 (7:30pm) Church Council Meeting
February 9 (11:00am) LCBC Community Fair
February 16 (8:30am) English Ministry Conference
February 17 (12:30pm) Church Members Meeting
February 24 (1:00pm) Children Sunday School Teachers Meeting
March 4 (6:00pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
1. 2018 YEAR- END STATEMENTS are available for pick up at the west entrance TODAY after 1st and 2nd service.
2. MANDATORY MEETING FOR ALL CHINESE NEW YEAR COMMUNITY FAIR VOLUNTEERS TODAY at 12:30pm in the MPR. All volunteers are required to attend!
3. CONTINUING TODAY, Pastor Jon and Steve Wang will be teaching a Sunday school class that examines the lives of Bible characters. By observing their lives, we gain wisdom for our own lives. Please join us in rooms 210-211 in the ETC from 10:45 AM – 12 noon; Harry Fong is also teaching an Adult DTS Class studying through the book of NUMBERS from 10:45am – 12:00pm in ETC 207, in a verse-by-verse format. If your spirit is hungry, come join us as we feed on the Word of God each week, allowing the Spirit to teach us through His Word.
4. CHURCH COUNCIL MEETING this Wednesday, Feb. 6th at 7:30pm.
5. HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR! The Laguna Chinese Baptist Church Community Fair is a family-friendly outreach event. The celebration will feature over 12 performances, children’s crafts and
games, and a wide variety of authentic Chinese and Asian food and cultural displays. The fair is free to the public. The celebration will be on Saturday, Feb. 9, 2019 from 11:00am to 1:00pm.
6. ENGLISH-SPEAKING MINISTRY CONFERENCE: Registration continues via the LCBC website at: lagunabaptist.org/forms. Come find out what it means to serve at LCBC and how you can use your gifts, talents and passion to serve God on Saturday, February 16 from 8:30 am until noon. Pastor Jon will be sharing his vision for our church. Contact Deacon Rodney Yee with questions.
7. CHURCH MEMBERS MEETING will be held on Sunday, Feb. 17th immediately following our 2nd service at 12:30pm in the MPR. All church members are encouraged to attend to support our membership candidate’s testimonies.
8. CHILDREN SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHERS MEETING is scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 24th at 1:00pm in ETC 201. All Children Sunday School teachers are required to attend. Please inform Patty Tong if you are unable to attend this meeting.
9. SECURITY VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! The world has changed in the past few decades making it important to think strategically about church safety. We are in need of volunteers for our Church Security Ministry Team during Sunday morning services and Friday evenings during our children and youth meetings. Volunteers must be 18 years and older. If you are interested in serving in this ministry, please contact our security head, Gary Dodson at email@example.com.
10. YOU CAN SUPPORT LCBC with the Amazon Referral Program – for those who shop on Amazon, LCBC can receive referral bonuses through your purchases! Start you shopping session using the link: http//amazon.com/?tag=lcbc-20 and LCBC can get referral bonuses. Items must be added to your cart and purchased in the same browsing session, so items already in your cart when you use the link won’t count. Remember to bookmark this link to use year-round for your personal and work purchases.