Mark your calendars!
February 17 (12:30pm) Church Members Meeting
February 18 (6:00pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
February 24 (1:00pm) Children Sunday School Teachers Meeting
March 6 (9:30am) WEM Women’s Bible Study
March 17 (10:45am) English New Members Class
April 12-13 The Gospel Coalition Conference Webcast
- CHURCH MEMBERS MEETING will be held TODAY immediately following our 2nd service at 12:30pm in the MPR. All church members are encouraged to attend to support our membership candidate’s testimonies.
- 2018 YEAR- END STATEMENTS are available for pick up at the west entrance TODAY after 1st and 2nd
- CONTINUING TODAY, Pastor Jon and Steve Wang will be teaching a Sunday school class that examines the lives of Bible characters. By observing their lives, we gain wisdom for our own lives. Please join us in rooms 210-211 in the ETC from 10:45 AM – 12 noon; Harry Fong is also teaching an Adult DTS Class studying through the book of NUMBERS from 10:45am – 12:00pm in ETC 207, in a verse-by-verse format. If your spirit is hungry, come join us as we feed on the Word of God each week, allowing the Spirit to teach us through His Word.
- CHILDREN SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHERS MEETING is scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 24th at 1:00pm in ETC 201. All Children Sunday School teachers are required to attend. Please inform Patty Tong if you are unable to attend this meeting.
- SUNDAY MORNING CORPORATE PRAYER MEETINGS: Jesus said, “It is written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer’ ” (Matt 21:13 c.f. Isa. 56:7 NAS). Beginning Sunday, March 3rd, we will resume our weekly Sunday morning corporate prayer meetings in Rooms 105-106, from 8:40 AM – 8:55 AM. Please come join us as we pray together! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Kevin Wong or Norbert Gee.
- ON APRIL 12-13, LCBC WILL WEBCAST THE GOSPEL COALITION CONFERENCE. The theme of the conference is: Conversations with Jesus. April 12 (Friday) 7-9pm; April 13 (Sat) 8am-3pm. Breakout sessions will be held on Saturday. Childcare will be provided; breakfast and lunch will be served on Saturday! More details will be available in the coming weeks!
- THE 2019 SPRING SESSION OF WEM Women’s Bible Study will start on March 6, 2019, Wednesdays, from 9:30 to 11:30 am. All women are welcome. We will study 1, 2, 3 John and Jude. In this study we will dwell into the evidence of a true Christian: sound faith, obedience, love…resulting in happiness, holiness, and assurance. For additional information contact Eileen Wong (916-714-1785).
- ENGLISH MEMBERSHIP CLASSES will be held on Sundays, March 17, 24, and 31 from 10:45 AM – 12:15 PM in rooms 202-203, of the ETC. While attendance is required for member applicants, the class is open to anyone who wants to attend and learn more about our church beliefs, history, and practices. Contact Norbert Gee at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- IN 2018, PASTOR HUBERT stated his decision to step down from the role of Senior Pastor on June 30, 2019 to serve as our Mandarin Pastor. In our February 6 council meeting, the Personnel Committee announced that it will begin the process of filling the Senior Pastor position. If you have any questions or comments, please contact one of the personnel committee members: Jennifer Yee (email@example.com); Ken Huang (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Phil Leung (email@example.com).