1. NEW SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS – “Advent – Preparing for the coming Messiah”. Step out of the busyness of Christmas and into a slower pace of examination and reflection, to prepare for genuine Christmas joy, faith in our Savior and hope in what is to come. We will also be examining the significance of lyrics of some Christmas songs. Join us at 10:45am in Room 210 TODAY – Dec. 16. Participants can attend at any point in the series! Led by Pastor Jon, Wayne To, and Steve Wang.
2. LADIES: Save the date for the Women of Grace Conference at Grace Bible Church in Fair Oaks. The conference is Feb. 23, 2019. Marlene Felix, Women’s Ministry Instructor at L.A. Bible Training School and a speaker at The Master’s Seminary Wives’ Fellowship will be the guest speaker. Join us for a time in His Word, worship and bonding with other ladies! Registration continues TODAY and ends Dec. 30th at the east entrance after 1st service. Cost is $30 per person. For more info, please contact: Jenny Brickey at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lien Chew at email@example.com.
3. CALLING ALL ENGLISH SPEAKING SINGERS! One of the greatest joys of the upcoming holiday season is the sound of Christmas carols and music. We would like to invite all members of our English congregational family to join us in Special Music numbers during the Worship Services on Sun., Dec. 16th and 23rd. We are looking for adults of all ages and youth grades 4 and up. No music training required! Practice times are TODAY 3:30-5:30pm in 105-106; 12/15, 12-2pm in MPR, 12/16, 7:45-8:15am in 105-106; 12/22, 12-2pm in MPR; 12/23, 7:45-8:15am in 105-106. For more info and/or to sign up, please contact Mayette at firstname.lastname@example.org or Wendy at email@example.com.
4. JOYFUL HEARTS FELLOWSHIP invites ladies of all ages to join them for Christmas celebration and fellowship this Thurs., Dec. 13th at 10AM at LCBC room 105. Janice Wong will share, followed by learning to make a simple Christmas centerpiece. Lunch will be a potluck, bring your favorite dish to share, and invite your friends to come. Please RSVP with Eileen Wong (916-714-1785).
5. LET US CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR LOTTIE MOON CHRISTMAS OFFERING, the ministries of International Mission Board, its’ missionaries and each of our offering amount. Go to www.imb.org for more information. You will find the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering envelopes inserted on our service bulletins starting next Sunday until the last Sunday of December.
6. BAPTISMAL SERVICE has been scheduled for Easter Sunday, April 21st. If you are interested in being baptized or transferring your membership, please pick up a membership application form on the brochure wall next to the library, in the church office or on our website, lagunabaptist.org. Your completed membership form is due January 27th. Testimonies will be given at our February Church Members Meeting. For more info contact Sandra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. JOIN GENESIS APOLOGETICS & MASTER’S UNIVERSITY FOR THE G1 CONFERENCE IN SACRAMENTO! Want to be trained how to debunk evolution in just one day? Want to be sure you’re prepared for evolution teaching in high school and college? Interested in learning about the Biblical case for dinosaurs? Noah’s Flood? Here is your seminar! March 9, 2019, 10:00am-3:30pm at Real Life Church, 1921 Arena Blvd., Sacto. 95834. Open to adults, youth and families! For more information and to register, please go to: https://genesisapologetics.com/events-form/
8. IN LIGHT OF LAST MONTH’S CAMP FIRE in Paradise, LCBC has decided to do our part in ministering to those who lost their homes in the Fire. Following the Word of God from Proverbs 3:27 that says: “Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act”, LCBC gave relief offerings to two churches in Chico. LCBC gave $3,000 to Living Hope Fellowship (LHF) and $1,500 to Christ International Fellowship (CIF) in Chico. Living Hope Fellowship church has 9 families who lost their homes in the Fire and CIF has 4 women who lost their homes in the Fire. If you’d like to give to these churches, you may write a check to LCBC, with a memo “Camp Fire Relief”.