Mark your calendars!
December 3 (6:00pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
December 5 (7:30pm) Church Council Meeting
December 8 (9:30am) WMU Meeting
December 13 (9:30am) Joyful Hearts Fellowship
December 16 (12:30pm) Church Members Meeting
1. NEW SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS – “Advent – Preparing for the coming Messiah”. Step out of the busyness of Christmas and into a slower pace of examination and reflection, to prepare for genuine Christmas joy, faith in our Savior and hope in what is to come. We will also be examining the significance of lyrics of some Christmas songs. Join us at 10:45am in Room 210 TODAY – Dec. 16. Participants can attend at any point in the series! Led by Pastor Jon, Wayne To, and Steve Wang.
2. LADIES: Save the date for the Women of Grace Conference at Grace Bible Church in Fair Oaks. The conference is Feb. 23, 2019. Marlene Felix, Women’s Ministry Instructor at L.A. Bible Training School and a speaker at The Master’s Seminary Wives’ Fellowship will be the guest speaker. Join us for a time in His Word, worship and bonding with other ladies! Registration begins TODAY and ends Dec. 30th at the east entrance after 1st service. Cost is $30 per person. For more info, please contact: Jenny Brickey at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lien Chew at email@example.com.
3. LCBC COMMUNITY AND INFORMATION CENTER meets on Monday, Dec. 3rd, 10th and 17th from 6:00-8:30pm in room 104. The center is available to those seeking job opportunities, translations, social services, medical information, and ESL classes. If you need personal assistance from CIC, please email CIC at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 916-683-3233 to schedule an appointment.
4. CHURCH COUNCIL MEETING will be held this Wednesday, Dec. 5th at 7:30pm. All officers, program council directors and permanent committee chairpersons are required to attend. Any council member who is unable to attend should inform one of our pastors.
5. WMU MEETING on Saturday, Dec. 8th at 9:30am in room 105-106. We will be having a time of sharing and singing choir music.
6. JOYFUL HEARTS FELLOWSHIP invites ladies of all ages to join them for Christmas celebration and fellowship on Thurs., Dec. 13th at 10AM at LCBC room 105. Janice Wong will share, followed by learning to make a simple Christmas centerpiece. Lunch will be a potluck, bring your favorite dish to share, and invite your friends to come. Please RSVP with Eileen Wong (916-714-1785).
7. CALLING ALL ENGLISH SPEAKING SINGERS! One of the greatest joys of the upcoming holiday season is the sound of Christmas carols and music. We would like to invite all members of our English congregational family to join us in Special Music numbers during the Worship Services on Sunday, December 16th and 23rd. We are looking for adults of all ages and youth grades 4 and up. No music training required — just bring your mind, your heart, and your voice to worship and sing joyful praises with brothers and sisters. Practice times are 12/9, 3:30-5:30pm in 105-106; 12/15, 12-2pm in MPR, 12/16, 7:45-8:15am in 105-106; 12/22, 12-2pm in MPR; 12/23, 7:45-8:15am in 105-106. For more information and/or to sign up, please contact Mayette David at email@example.com or Wendy Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. LCBC wants to thank EVERYONE who gave generously to Operation Christmas Shoeboxes this past month. Thank you Radiate and 180 Fellowship Group for serving faithfully in this mission project. We collected 452 shoe boxes!!! Please pray that God will use what we offer to make the Gospel known around the world and draw people to Himself. To Him be the Glory!