Mark your calendars!
December 1 (1:00pm) Elk Grove WINter Sanctuary Information Session
December 2 (6:00pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
December 4 (7:30pm) Church Council Meeting
December 7 (9:30am) Women’s Christmas Tea
December 8 (10:45am) Cantonese Music Drama
December 15 (12:30pm) Church Members Meeting
December 20 (7:00pm) LCBC Christmas Program
- “CHRISTMAS TOO BUSY FOR YOU?” – join us TODAY at 10:45 am in ETC 213 for an Advent class to help us focus on the true meaning of Christmas in the midst of the busyness. Taught by Steve Wang and Kevin Wong.
- LOCAL MISSIONS OPPORTUNITY – help the local church serve the needy this winter! “EGWINS” (Elk Grove WINter Sanctuary) is a coalition of churches committed to transport and house the homeless. Come to an informational session TODAY from 1-3 pm in Rm.202-203 to learn more. Opportunities available to volunteer as drivers, registration, meal service and overnight sentries. We are also forming a scout team to visit one of the sites. For more information, contact Cendra Fong at firstname.lastname@example.org, Curtis Yee at email@example.com or www.elkgrovehart.org.
- GATHER TOGETHER: CHRISTMAS TEA – Saturday, December 7, 9:30am – 12pm. All women college-aged and up are invited to an elegant tea, where we will celebrate our Savior and the rich community that is afforded through Him. Sharing by Cecilia To and special live harp instrumentals by Joshua Fong. “Sunday Best” attire is encouraged. Registration is $15 and continues TODAY at the East Entrance, or contact Sheryl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LCBC COMMUNITY AND INFORMATION CENTER meets on Monday, December 2nd, 9th and 16th from 6:00-8:30pm in the church library. The center is available to those seeking job opportunities, translations, social services, medical information, and ESL classes. If you need personal assistance from CIC, please email CIC at email@example.com or call 916-683-3233 to schedule an appointment.
- CHURCH COUNCIL MEETING will be held this Wednesday, Dec. 4th at 7:30pm. All officers, program council directors and permanent committee chairpersons are required to attend. Any council member who is unable to attend should inform one of our pastors.
- MUSICAL DRAMA (CANTONESE): On 12/08, the Cantonese Sunday worship will have a special musical drama. The theme is “The True Meaning of Worship.” We will be leading the congregation through music and drama to think about the true meaning of worship and live the life of worship.
- CHURCH MEMBERS MEETING is scheduled for Sunday, Dec. 15th immediately following the 2nd service at 12:30pm in the MPR. All church members are encouraged to attend.
- LCBC’S CHRISTMAS PROGRAM will be on Friday, December 20th at 7:00pm. You are invited to come and celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior! Refreshments will begin at 6:45pm, so arrive early to get some goodies!
- BAPTISMAL MEMBERSHIP SERVICE has been scheduled for Easter Sunday, April 12th. If you are interested in being baptized or transferring your membership, please pick up a membership application form on the brochure wall next to the library, in the church office or on our website, lagunabaptist.org. Your completed membership form is due January 12th. Testimonies will be given at our February 16th Church Members Meeting. For more info contact Sandra at firstname.lastname@example.org.