Mark your calendars!
November 24 Thanksgiving Baptismal Service
November 25 (6:00pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
November 29 LCBC Office Closed
December 1 (1:00pm) Elk Grove WINter Sanctuary Information Session
December 4 (7:30pm) Church Council Meeting
December 7 (9:30am) Women’s Christmas Tea
December 8 (10:45am) Cantonese Music Drama
December 15 (12:30pm) Church Members Meeting
December 20 (7:00pm) LCBC Christmas Program
January 2-4 Radiate Winter Retreat
- WELCOME TO OUR THANKSGIVING BAPTISMAL SERVICE – There will be no Nursery, Primary/Junior Church and Children Sunday School Classes today. The Nursery and rooms 105-106 will be available for families that need to bring their children out of the MPR. A closed circuit TV will be provided to broadcast the worship service for you. There will be no staff in these rooms, so parents will need to stay with their children.
- GATHER TOGETHER: CHRISTMAS TEA – Saturday, December 7, 9:30am – 12pm. All women college-aged and up are invited to an elegant tea, where we will celebrate our Savior and the rich community that is afforded through Him. Sharing by Cecilia To and special live harp instrumentals by Joshua Fong. “Sunday Best” attire is encouraged. Registration is $15 and continues TODAY at the East Entrance, or contact Sheryl at email@example.com.
- LCBC COMMUNITY AND INFORMATION CENTER meets on Monday, November 25th from 6:00-8:30pm in the church library. The center is available to those seeking job opportunities, translations, social services, medical information, and ESL classes. If you need personal assistance from CIC, please email CIC at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 916-683-3233 to schedule an appointment.
- LOCAL MISSIONS OPPORTUNITY – help the local church serve the needy this winter! “EGWINS” (Elk Grove WINter Sanctuary) is a coalition of churches committed to transport and house the homeless. Come to an informational session on Sunday Dec. 1 from 1-3 pm in Rm.202-203 to learn more. Opportunities available to volunteer as drivers, registration, meal service and overnight sentries. We are also forming a scout team to visit one of the sites. For more information, contact Cendra Fong at email@example.com, or www.elkgrovehart.org.
- CHURCH COUNCIL MEETING will be held on Wednesday, Dec. 4th at 7:30pm. All officers, program council directors and permanent committee chairpersons are required to attend. Any council member who is unable to attend should inform one of our pastors.
- MUSICAL DRAMA (CANTONESE): On 12/08, the Cantonese Sunday worship will have a special musical drama. The theme is “The True Meaning of Worship.” We will be leading the congregation through music and drama to think about the true meaning of worship and live the life of worship.
- CHURCH MEMBERS MEETING is scheduled for Sunday, Dec. 15th immediately following the 2nd service at 12:30pm in the MPR. All church members are encouraged to attend.
- SAVE THE DATE for LCBC’s Christmas Program on Friday, December 20th at 7:00pm. You are invited to come and celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior! Refreshments will begin at 6:45pm, so arrive early to get some goodies!
- MINISTRY GROUPS – PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING SECURITY MEASURES when leaving the church facilities: turn off all room lights and AC/heater, close blinds, secure the alarm and make sure all exterior doors are completely shut. Do not assume the exterior doors will close on their own; please physically close and pull on the door from the outside when leaving. Thank you for keeping us all safe!