Mark your calendars!
November 11 (6:00pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
November 14 (9:00am) Joyful Hearts Fellowship
November 24 Thanksgiving Baptismal Service
November 29 LCBC Office Closed
December 4 (7:30pm) Church Council Meeting
December 7 (9:30am) Women’s Christmas Tea
December 15 (12:30pm) Church Members Meeting
December 20 (7:30pm) LCBC Christmas Program
- GATHER TOGETHER: CHRISTMAS TEA – Saturday, December 7, 9:30am – 12pm. All women college-aged and up are invited to an elegant tea, where we will celebrate our Savior and the rich community that is afforded through Him. Sharing by Cecilia To and special live harp instrumentals by Joshua Fong. “Sunday Best” attire is encouraged. Registration is $15 and starts TODAY at the East Entrance, or contact Sheryl at email@example.com.
- ADULT DTS Bible Study class is beginning a new study in the book of James! If you are college age and up, you’re welcome to join us for the next five Sundays, 10:45-12:00pm in Rm 202-203 to feed on the Word of God, verse-by-verse. James challenges us to live out what we truly believe. For further information or questions, please contact Harry Fong (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- LCBC COMMUNITY AND INFORMATION CENTER meets on Monday, November 11th and 25th from 6:00-8:30pm in the church library. The center is available to those seeking job opportunities, translations, social services, medical information, and ESL classes. If you need personal assistance from CIC, please email CIC at email@example.com or call 916-683-3233 to schedule an appointment.
- OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD is an exciting opportunity for us as a church to join together and love children around the world with gift boxes as they learn about the good news of Jesus Christ. Please stop by the table at the east entrance of the MPR for instructions, a packing list, and a box you can take with you to fill. Please drop off your completed gift boxes on the following Sundays: Nov. 10 or 17.
- WOMEN’S ENRICHMENT MINISTRY’S Joyful Hearts Fellowship invites all ladies to their meeting on Thursday, November 14, 2019, 9:00 to 11:30 a.m. at ETC room 202. We will begin a video study series by Francis Chan on the book of James, no homework requirement. A light lunch will be served. RSVP by 11/10/19 to Janice Wong (firstname.lastname@example.org). Child care is available with advance notice, for arrangements contact Sheryl Tsai (email@example.com).
- THANKSGIVING BAPTISMAL SERVICE will be on Sunday, November 24th for English 9:00am and Cantonese/Mandarin 10:45am. There will be no Nursery, Primary/Junior Church and Children Sunday School Classes. The Nursery and 105-106 will be available for families that need to bring their children out of the MPR. A closed circuit TV will be provided to broadcast the worship service for you. There will be no staff in these rooms, so parents will need to stay with their children.
- SAVE THE DATE for LCBC’s Christmas Program on Friday, December 20th at 7:30pm. You are invited to come and celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior!
- THE PERSONNEL COMMITTEE will be interviewing Pastor Jerry Jean for the position of Interim Mandarin Pastor. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the personnel committee – Phillip Leung, Ken Huang, or Jennifer Yee at firstname.lastname@example.org.