Mark your calendars!
October 27 (7:30pm) Happyween
November 4 (9:30am) WMU Meeting
November 5 Daylight Savings
November 5 (1:00pm) Children Sunday School Teachers Meeting
November 6 (6:30pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
November 12 (10:00am) 50th Anniversary Sunday (Combined Service)
November 12 (6:00pm) 50th Anniversary Dinner
- 50TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION EVENTS:
- PLEDGE CARDS/PAMPHLETS for the Pledge drive to pay down LCBCs ETC loan were distributed last week. Please be in prayer about your participation and pledge commitment. Extra pledge cards and pamphlets are available in the back of the MPR. Pledges will be collected on November 12.
- CELEBRATION DINNER TICKETS are available TODAY and next Sunday after each worship service at the East and West entrances of the MPR as well as the ETC Main Lobby. LCBC’s cost for the meal is $35/person and a suggested minimum donation of $20/person is appreciated. To ensure that as many of our church family as possible can attend, please refrain from inviting outside friends or relatives to the dinner. You may contact Sandra at email@example.com for more information.
- ALL-CHURCH PHOTO: Don’t miss out on being part of our commemorative all-church photo. We will be taking the photo on Sunday, Oct. 29th, on the front lawn at 10:30am (between 1st and 2nd services). If you have a 50th Anniversary T-sheet, please wear it for the photo shoot. If you don’t have a T-shirt yet and want one, there is still time to get one, just see or contact Jenny Gee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PHOTO DISPLAY/MURAL: Stop by outside the East Entrance as well as the ETC lobby building to view photo memories of our church history. As a visual representation of our church growth, please stop by the photo mural areas to add your name and the date you started attending our church to a clothes pin. These pins will form a colorful visual display depicting the growth of our congregation.
- HAPPYWEEN DONATIONS: Please see the donation board located on the wall across from room 105 (GA & Crusader bulletin board). If you are able to donate to our Happyween event on Oct. 27th, please follow the directions on the board. If you are donating candy, please bring in your candy between October 8th – 22nd. There will be bins labeled, “Happyween Donations,” located at the east and west entrances of the church. If you are donating money, please give your donation to Helen Fong by Oct. 22nd. If you have any questions, please contact Helen at 684-6866. Thank you!
- WMU MEETING will be held on Saturday, 11/4/17 at 9:30AM in room 106. Henry Khoo will be sharing with us. All Chinese-speaking ladies are welcome to join us.
- LCBC COMMUNITY AND INFORMATION CENTER meets on Monday, Nov. 6th and 20th from 6:00-8:30pm in room 104. The center is available to those seeking job opportunities, translations, social services, medical information, and ESL classes.
5. COMBINED SERVICES AND CARPOOLING/PARKING – On November 12th and 19th, LCBC will be having combined worship services beginning at 10:00 am. In order to help ensure that there are enough available parking spaces for our guests, new visitors, the elderly, and families with young children, please consider carpooling with other LCBC members on these days. Also, please consider parking on the street along the perimeter of the church (Neosho way) and across the street along the perimeter of Zehnder Park (on Neosho and Edisto). Occasional security patrols will be extended to these areas, however please ensure that no valuables are left in plain view inside your vehicles (whether parked inside or outside of the church parking lot).