Mark your calendars!
January 7 (12:15pm) Taipei Summer Mission Team Meeting
January 8 (6:00pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
January 10 (7:30pm) Church Council Meeting
January 21 Baptismal Membership Applications Due
- THRIVE WOMEN’S CONFERENCE -All ladies are invited to join us for two days of empowering, inspiring, and life-transforming experience at the 2018 conference at Bayside on February 2-3. $49/person. Registration ends TODAY at the LCBC East entrance. E-mail email@example.com for more information.
- TAIPEI SUMMER MISSION TEAM MEETING TODAY at 12:15pm in ETC 202-203. The Summer Camp will run from 7/4-8/2018. Our target is expanded to include high school as well as elementary school students. Anyone interested is welcome to join this preliminary meeting. Lunch will be provided.
- LCBC COMMUNITY AND INFORMATION CENTER meets on Mondays, Jan. 8th, 15th and 22nd from 6:00-8:30pm in room 104. The center is available to those seeking job opportunities, translations, social services, medical information, and ESL classes.
- JOYFUL HEARTS FELLOWSHIP invites ladies of all ages to join them for a time of sharing, prayer, and fellowship on Thursday, January 11, 2018, 10 a.m. at Janice Wong’s home (9266 Elberon Way, Elk Grove, CA 95758). Pastor Jon will be speaking. A light lunch will be served. Please RSVP with Janice Wong (916-683-2769).
- STAFF UPDATE: We are sad to announce that Pastor Levi is stepping down as Youth Minister of LCBC effective January 14, 2018. We thank him for how he has cared for and ministered to our youth and has challenged them in their Christian walk. We know that God will bless and provide for the Ferguson family as they seek God’s will for the future. Please keep Pastor Levi and his family, our youth, and our church in your prayers during this time of transition. Please contact the Pastors or Deacons with questions.
- BAPTISMAL SERVICE has been scheduled for Easter Sunday, April 1st. If you are interested in being baptized or transferring your membership, please pick up a membership application form on the brochure wall next to the library or in the church office. Your completed membership form is due January 21st. Testimonies will be given at our February Church Members Meeting. If you have any questions, please contact Sandra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PRAISE GOD who is always faithful in providing. We are thrilled to report $40,287 was raised for the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering. It is a new record and thank you all for your love and dedication in giving. Let us continue to pray for the work and harvest of the IMB ministry.
- 50TH ANNIVERSARY PLEDGE: We thank God for the $213,000 that was committed to paying off our ETC loan (including proceeds from Grassroots Fundraisers). If you would still like to participate in the pledge, please drop your completed pledge card or pledge gift (marked “50th Anniversary Pledge) into the offering plate. Remember please submit your pledge amounts by no later than March 31, 2018.