Mark your calendars!
January 7 (6:30pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
January 9 (7:30pm) Church Council Meeting
January 10 (10:00am) Joyful Hearts
January 12 (9:30am) WMU Meeting
January 20 (12:15pm) Summer Missions Informational Meeting
1. STARTING TODAY, Pastor Jon and Steve Wang will be teaching a new Sunday school class that examines the lives of Bible characters. By observing their lives, we gain wisdom for our own lives. Please join us in rooms 210-211 in the ETC from 10:45 AM – 12 noon.
2. LCBC COMMUNITY AND INFORMATION CENTER meets on Mon., Jan. 7th, 14th and 21st from 6:00-8:30pm in 104. The center is available to those seeking job opportunities, translations, social services, medical information, and ESL classes. If you need personal assistance from CIC, please email CIC at email@example.com or call 916-683-3233 to schedule an appointment.
3. CHURCH COUNCIL MEETING will be held this Wednesday, January 9th at 7:30pm. All officers, program council directors and permanent committee chairpersons are required to attend. Any council member who is unable to attend should inform one of our pastors.
4. JOYFUL HEARTS FELLOWSHIP invites ladies of all ages to join in a time of sharing, prayer, and fellowship this Thur., Jan.10th at 10AM at Janice Wong’s home (9266 Elberon Way, Elk Grove 95758). Speaker: Michael Wong. A light lunch will be served. Please RSVP with Janice Wong (916-683-2769).
5. WMU MEETING is scheduled for this Saturday, Jan. 12th at 9:30am in room 105. Pastor Rico will be sharing. All Chinese-speaking women are invited to attend.
6. BAPTISMAL SERVICE has been scheduled for Easter Sunday, April 21st. If you are interested in being baptized or transferring your membership, please pick up a membership application form on the brochure wall next to the library, in the church office or on our website, lagunabaptist.org. Your completed membership form is due January 27th. Contact Sandra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. SAVE THE DATE…CHINESE NEW YEAR COMMUNITY FAIR is coming to LCBC on Saturday, Feb. 9th from 11:00am-1:30pm. Invite your family and friends to hear an evangelistic message and to
celebrate the Year of the Pig through crafts and games.
8. ENGLISH-SPEAKING MINISTRY CONFERENCE: All English-speaking Ministry Leaders and Teams are invited to attend the 2019 Ministry Conference on Saturday, February 16 from 8:30 am until noon. If you want to find out more about serving at LCBC, you are also encouraged to attend. We will be hearing from Pastor Jon and other ministry leaders as we meet together to discuss goals for the year. Sign-ups will begin later this month. If you have questions, contact Deacon Rodney Yee.
9. LCBC is seeking an experienced part-time Chinese Ministry Coordinator to oversee and perform the administrative functions of our Cantonese and Mandarin speaking congregations. The Chinese
Ministry Coordinator will help to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of our Chinese speaking ministries, while providing administrative support to our pastors, church staff, and ministry groups. Detail of the job description is posted on the bulletin board. For job application email email@example.com.