Mark your calendars!
January 20 (12:15pm) Summer Missions Informational Meeting
January 21 (6:30pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
February 9 (11:00am) LCBC Community Fair
February 10 (1:00pm) Children Sunday School Teachers Meeting
February 16 (8:30am) English Ministry Conference
February 17 (12:30pm) Church Members Meeting
1. WELCOME PASTOR DANIEL AND HANA MOORE as they officially begin ministry here at LCBC!
2. CONTINUING TODAY, Pastor Jon and Steve Wang will be teaching a new Sunday school class that examines the lives of Bible characters. By observing their lives, we gain wisdom for our own lives. Please join us in rooms 210-211 in the ETC from 10:45 AM – 12 noon.
3. BAPTISMAL SERVICE has been scheduled for Easter Sunday, April 21st. If you are interested in being baptized or transferring your membership, please pick up a membership application form on the brochure wall next to the library, in the church office or on our website, lagunabaptist.org. Your completed membership form is due next Sunday, January 27th.
4. HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR! The Laguna Chinese Baptist Church Community Fair is a family-friendly outreach event. The celebration will feature over 12 performances, children’s crafts and
games, and a wide variety of authentic Chinese and Asian food and cultural displays. The fair is free to the public. The celebration will be on Saturday, Feb. 9, 2019 from 11:00am to 1:00pm.
5. CHILDREN SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHERS MEETING is scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 10th at 1:00pm in ETC 201. All Children Sunday School teachers are required to attend. Please inform Patty Tong if you are unable to attend this meeting.
6. ENGLISH-SPEAKING MINISTRY CONFERENCE: Registration for the English Ministry Conference is open. Please sign-up via the LCBC website at: lagunabaptist.org/forms. The registration link is at the bottom. All English Ministry Leaders and Teams are invited to attend the Conference on Saturday, February 16 from 8:30 am until noon. If you want to find out more about serving at LCBC and hear the vision for the English ministry, please join us. Contact Deacon Rodney Yee with questions.
7. CHURCH MEMBERS MEETING will be held on Sunday, Feb. 17th immediately following our 2nd service at 12:30pm in the MPR. All church members are encouraged to attend to support our membership candidate’s testimonies.
8. SECURITY VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! The world has changed in the past few decades making it important to think strategically about church safety. The bible says we should not have a spirit of fear, but we should use common sense and wisdom in our approach and planning for the unexpected. We are in need of volunteers for our Church Security Ministry Team during Sunday morning services and Friday evenings during our children and youth meetings. Volunteers must be 18 years and older. If you are interested in serving in this ministry, please contact our security head, Gary Dodson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. LCBC is seeking an experienced part-time Chinese Ministry Coordinator to oversee and perform the administrative functions of our Cantonese and Mandarin speaking congregations. The Chinese Ministry Coordinator will help to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of our Chinese speaking ministries, while providing administrative support to our pastors, church staff, and ministry groups. Detail of the job description is posted on the bulletin board. For job application email email@example.com.