Mark your calendars!
January 14 (6:30pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
January 20 (12:15pm) Summer Missions Informational Meeting
February 9 (11:00am) LCBC Community Fair
February 16 (8:30am) English Ministry Conference
February 17 (12:30pm) Church Members Meeting
1. CONTINUING TODAY, Pastor Jon and Steve Wang will be teaching a new Sunday school class that examines the lives of Bible characters. By observing their lives, we gain wisdom for our own lives. Please join us in rooms 210-211 in the ETC from 10:45 AM – 12 noon.
2. LCBC COMMUNITY AND INFORMATION CENTER meets on Mon., Jan.14th and 21st from 6:00-8:30pm in 104. The center is available to those seeking job opportunities, translations, social services, medical information, and ESL classes. If you need personal assistance from CIC, please email CIC at email@example.com or call 916-683-3233 to schedule an appointment.
3. BAPTISMAL SERVICE has been scheduled for Easter Sunday, April 21st. If you are interested in being baptized or transferring your membership, please pick up a membership application form on the brochure wall next to the library, in the church office or on our website, lagunabaptist.org. Your completed membership form is due January 27th. Contact Sandra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR! The Laguna Chinese Baptist Church Community Fair is a family-friendly outreach event. The celebration will feature over 12 performances, children’s crafts and games, and a wide variety of authentic Chinese and Asian food and cultural displays. The fair is free to the public. The celebration will be on Saturday, Feb. 9, 2019 from 11:00am to 1:00pm.
5. ENGLISH-SPEAKING MINISTRY CONFERENCE: All English-speaking Ministry Leaders and Teams are invited to attend the 2019 Ministry Conference on Saturday, February 16 from 8:30 am until noon. If you want to find out more about serving at LCBC, you are also encouraged to attend. We will be hearing from Pastor Jon and other ministry leaders as we meet together to discuss goals for the year. Sign-ups will begin later this month. If you have questions, contact Deacon Rodney Yee.
6. CHURCH MEMBERS MEETING DATES FOR 2019 are as follows: February 17, April 14, June 9, August 18, October 20 and December 15. All meetings will be in the MPR starting at 12:30pm.
7. CHURCH MEMBERS MEETING will be held on Sunday, Feb. 17th immediately following our 2nd service at 12:30pm in the MPR. All church members are encouraged to attend to support our membership candidate’s testimonies.
8. LCBC is seeking an experienced part-time Chinese Ministry Coordinator to oversee and perform the administrative functions of our Cantonese and Mandarin speaking congregations. The Chinese Ministry Coordinator will help to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of our Chinese speaking ministries, while providing administrative support to our pastors, church staff, and ministry groups. Detail of the job description is posted on the bulletin board. For job application email email@example.com.