Mark your calendars!
December 3 (6:00pm) LCBC Community and Information Center
December 5 (7;30pm) Church Council Meeting
December 8 (9:30am) WMU Meeting
December 13 (9:30am) Joyful Hearts Fellowship
December 16 (12:30pm) Church Members Meeting
1. NEW SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS – “Advent – Preparing for the coming Messiah”. Step out of the busyness of Christmas and into a slower pace of examination and reflection, to prepare for genuine Christmas joy, faith in our Savior and hope in what is to come. We will also be examining the significance of lyrics of some Christmas songs. Join us at 10:45am in Room 210 beginning TODAY – Dec. 16. Participants can attend at any point in the series! Led by Pastor Jon, Wayne To, and Steve Wang.
2. IGNITION YOUTH CONFERENCE 2018 will be held Dec. 27th-29th in Ontario, CA this year. TODAY is the last day to register! The registration fee is $240. Please turn in your completed form and money to Radiate Treasurer, Jonathan Lee.
3. LCBC COMMUNITY AND INFORMATION CENTER meets on Monday, Dec. 3rd, 10th and 17th from 6:00-8:30pm in room 104. The center is available to those seeking job opportunities, translations, social services, medical information, and ESL classes. If you need personal assistance from CIC, please email CIC at email@example.com or call 916-683-3233 to schedule an appointment.
4. JOYFUL HEARTS FELLOWSHIP invites ladies of all ages to join them for Christmas celebration and fellowship on Thurs., Dec. 13th at 10AM at LCBC room 105. Janice Wong will share, followed by learning to make a simple Christmas centerpiece. Lunch will be a potluck, bring your favorite dish to share, and invite your friends to come. Please RSVP with Eileen Wong (916-714-1785).
5. CALLING ALL ENGLISH SPEAKING SINGERS! One of the greatest joys of the upcoming holiday season is the sound of Christmas carols and music. We would like to invite all members of our English congregational family to join us in Special Music numbers during the Worship Services on Sunday, December 16th and 23rd. We are looking for adults of all ages and youth grades 4 and up. No music training required — just bring your mind, your heart, and your voice to worship and sing joyful praises with brothers and sisters. Practice times and songs to be announced. For more information and/or to sign up, please contact Mayette David at firstname.lastname@example.org or Wendy Lee at email@example.com.
6. LCBC wants to thank EVERYONE who gave generously to Operation Christmas Shoeboxes this past month. Thank you Radiate and 180 Fellowship Group for serving faithfully in this mission project. We collected 452 shoe boxes!!! Please pray that God will use what we offer to make the Gospel known around the world and draw people to Himself. To Him be the Glory!
7. MINISTRY GROUPS – PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING SECURITY MEASURES when leaving the church facilities: turn off all room lights and AC/heater, close blinds, secure the alarm and make sure all exterior doors are completely shut. Do not assume the exterior doors will close on their own; please physically close and pull on the door from the outside when leaving. Thank you for keeping us all safe!